Scholarship Notification

<p>I haven’t received any notification about scholarships, but I know I qualify for the Presidential Scholarship. I have a 34 ACT and a 4.0 unweighted GPA. I’m also a NMSF.</p>

<p>Some of my friends received their packages weeks ago, so I’m a little worried about it.</p>

<p>dont worry about it …when did you submit your scholarship app?</p>

<p>I don’t have the date saved anywhere, but I either sent it in late October or sometime in November.</p>

<p>hi JWilliams, congrats! Where are you from? Welcome to UA.</p>

<p>Did you submit the scholarship app as well?</p>

<p>Send an email to your area rep and tell him/her that you haven’t gotten any scholarship info.</p>

<p>If you forgot to submit the scholarship app, quickly do so…no big deal, you’re NMSF.</p>

<p>What did you put as your major?</p>

<p>When were you notified of your acceptance?</p>

<p>Did you also apply to the honors college?</p>

<p>(Don’t worry, you will get it.)</p>

<p>jwilliams93: You won’t receive your official NM offer (as long as you named Alabama as your first choice) until mid-March. The NM finalists are not announced until the first week of February or so.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>True…but he should have gotten the first part of the NMF scholarship (the Presidential part) by now since he has the stats and he is a NMSF.</p>

<p>You’ll get the rest of the NMF scholarship later.</p>

<p>mom2collegekids: I was notified of my acceptance on November 19 and was accepted to the Honors College. UA sent my admission letter to the wrong address, and our neighbors gave it to me the next day. It’s possible that that could have happened again, but every other letter and invitation from UA has been delivered correctly.</p>

<p>Also, I’m positive that I sent the scholarship app, and my listed major is biology.</p>

<p>@Atlanta68 I’m from Georgia…I’m assuming you are, too? :P</p>

<p>Check to make sure that you submitted your scholarship app.</p>

<p>Go to the scholarship app and see if you can submit it. I’m not sure what will happen. If you’ve already submitted it, maybe it will tell you so. </p>

<p>The wrong address thing may also be a problem if your scholarship was sent out around the time of admissions and went into la la land somewhere.</p>

<p>Anyway…please send a quick email to your area rep.</p>

<p>Also…please send an email to Lindsay Hutcherson (there’s a link on this page to contact her)
[Lindsay</a> Hutcherson - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/counselor.cfm?id=41]Lindsay”>http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/counselor.cfm?id=41)</p>

<p>Give Lindsay your stats, your CWID, etc and tell her that you haven’t rec’d any scholarship info yet. She’ll get you new copies. Mention the address mess up, too.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help everyone! I got it straightened out.</p>

<p>^^^
Congrats on getting it straightened out on a Sunday during a holiday weekend.</p>

<p>What happened? Did you find the letter or what?</p>