Scholarship question

<p>How are the university’s scholarships paid? Do they subtract x amount from a bill or do they send out checks to students? </p>

<p>Also, when do those final scholarship letters get sent out?</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>when you get the bill (online) it shows all the charges in one column, then shows credit for your scholarships in the other column. You don’t have to do anything, no actual check is cut.</p>

<p>Sometime around the start of the semester, the scholarships get credited to your acct. Half of the total award(s) for each semester.</p>

<p>So, when do you get the bill for fall semester? When is it due? I assume the tuition scholarships are credited on that? Housing and meal plans are paid per semester, right?</p>

<p>Yes, things are paid per semester. </p>

<p>I think payment is due around the first or second week of each semester. However, you can opt for some kind of free Sallie Mae payment plan which allows monthly payments. </p>

<p>maybe someone here can provide more info about that.</p>

<p>You have to confirm your schedule/pay your bill a week or two before the semester starts.</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Thanks…I miswrote that. I should have wrote the week or two before. </p>

<p>Does anyone know what that monthly billing thing is from Sallie Mae?</p>

<p>You have two options: One is the Sallie Mae thing, I believe there’s a $55 charge for that. It breaks it up into monthly payments, but be aware these start well before school begins, so sign up now. The other option is deferred payment. Pay half before school starts, and the remainder about halfway through the semester. But note that with the scholarship, I believe it’s viewed as “receiving” half the payment (double check on this with someone in authority!) so you have some wiggle room. You can pay any amount any time - you don’t have to pay the whole half at one sitting, you can make smaller payments earlier.</p>