Scholarship question

<p>Congrats to your son Mommatron. </p>

<p>wdaveo: Is there time for your S to take the next ACT? I looked it up. Tomorrow is the deadline to pay for the ACT without a late penalty. The test is on Dec. 10th. Like M2CK said, they may not look at that score for extra money but they might. Is it worth a shot? It’s up to you and your son.</p>

<p>He possibly could…but I found ‘somewhere’ on the website today that the latest ACT score they accept for scholarships is the October score. I may have to check the website again…I can’t remember exactly what they were referring to…I just remember thinking it was too late for my son.</p>

<p>^^^ </p>

<p>It’s too late for an ASSURED merit scholarship. However, Bama does use Dec scores for competitive or additional scholarships.</p>

<p>Is there any benefit to not putting down an enrollment deposit in order to see if you get offered additional money? It’s too late for us. We did pay enrollment and housing deposits, mainly to secure a good housing spot hopefully, even though at this point UA is my daughter’s financial safety and she will see what other acceptances/financial aid she gets. But I wondered if not paying the deposit would make the school reach out with more money. My daughter will be applying to UFE and CBHP so maybe there will be some additional money IF she gets into one of them.</p>

<p>I really don’t think it makes a difference. Typically, the awards that are made to UFE and CBH students are made long after those kids have deposited.</p>

<p>^^^Agree with Mom2ck, I don’t really think that making a deposit early would prevent your high stat student from getting an “extra” scholarship. If anything, make the college know that UA is your first choice school and that you WILL attend if additional monies are forthcoming.</p>

<p>I don’t think that Scholarships really is checking to see who has deposited and who hasn’t. </p>

<p>And, if they did, they know that people deposit just to secure a place in line for housing…and may not attend in the end.</p>