Scholarship Question

<p>Hey guys ! </p>

<p>I was just wondering how long it would be until we hear back about scholarships. I wasn’t eligible for any of the tuition scholarships but what about other ones , the ones I submitted the scholarship app for ? </p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>Those decisions are made after the first of the year. Then notifications come in early spring. They tend to go to the students who “just missed” the cut-offs of the assured scholarships or to the students who have some special req’t that meets the req’t of the scholarship.</p>

<p>BTW…can you tell us how you got those outside scholarships that you’ve been offered? :)</p>

<p>I believe you will notified as part of your financial aid letter/package from the school. They may notify you earlier if they think it will make a diff in your decision-making process?</p>

<p>Aeromom – Okay, thank you :slight_smile: </p>

<p>M2CK – I posted on the previous thread about scholarships but I won a scholarship through the UNCF that will cover approximately half and I was awarded another one from a local program called “C-TAB” that I’m involved with :)</p>

<p>^^</p>

<p>Congrats! :)</p>

<p>M2CK – Thanks :slight_smile: You have been TREMENDOUSLY helpful in this process.</p>

<p>Glad to help! And very impressed by the scholarships that you’ve gotten!</p>

<p>I received the presidential scholarship to Alabama, i have a 3.8 GPA and a 32 act with a super score of 35 math 34 English 34 science and 31 reading. There were some complications and i might fail a few classes this year. Will i get my scholarship rescinded even if i like visit them and have an interview or something???</p>

<p>visiting and interviewing won’t likely matter.</p>

<p>Your scholarship was awarded based on your ACT and your grades 9-11 GPA. The scholarship may not get rescinded for the GPA drop, but your acceptance may get rescinded if you don’t pass required courses. </p>

<p>You need to get working on your grades and pass your classes!</p>

<p>What do you mean by required?? Do you mean like to graduate High school, because i already have those credits. The credits im getting from senior year dont really matter because i already have enough to graduate, so will that make a difference?</p>

<p>goheat12345: If you don’t need the credits for graduation (please be careful and check this with your guidance counselor) perhaps you can drop the classes that are giving you difficulty. Check and see if the midyear grades will remain on your transcript or will only a withdrawal be on the transcript. Are these semester or full year courses? Can you study and raise the grades?</p>

<p>I am more concerned about the “why”, why are you failing these classes, and how many classes?? You need to get a handle on the reasons before you go to college. You do not want to repeat these mistakes.</p>

<p>Little miss Bama - just seeing this! Congrats on your UNCF scholarships. Wasn’t sure if there were any out there for students not attending a private HBCU. Good info to note.</p>

<p>My son is also waiting to here on non-automatic scholarships. I actually called the scholarship office today, was told that the letters are going out this week and next. Best of luck…:)</p>

<p>thanks. Fingers crossed. Praying.</p>

<p>Since this got bumped…
goheat: how did it work out for you in the end? what did you decide to do with your classes, etc.?</p>