Scholarship question

<p>I'm working on the scholarship application, but it says I need another recommendation from a teacher or counselor</p>

<p>But it says they will receive the transcript from the Admissions office</p>

<p>Do I really need someone to send another rec just for scholarships?</p>

<p>Don't give them a reason to reject you. If they ask for a rec, give them a rec. Is it that difficult?</p>

<p>Remember that your admissions recommendation may be written differently by a teacher than one for a scholarship. Also two different offices will not have all of each other's information- I suspect transcripts are an easy piece of info for them to obtain. Get used to jumping through hoops, submit all required info.</p>

<p>In big, bold characters on the College of Letters & Science website, it states 'Wisconsin residents are given preference for scholarships', and then inside I read that only TEN scholarships of any kind were given out by CLAS to non-residents.</p>

<p>If my D didn't love Madison so much, I'd tell them to take a flying leap.</p>

<p>Does anyone know a good website for UW scholarships? I've been to their finaid site, is that really all there is? There seems to be very few scholarships for incoming freshmen.</p>

<p>Many more scholarships are open to upperclassmen from the depts. That is where the money is. Think of it this way. UW OOS tuition is over $10,000 less than UM and UVa OOS and other similar schools. Everyone from OOS gets a $10,000 scholarship to start.</p>

<p>the thing is, I already sent two teacher recs plus the counselor rec, so it will be a bit of a hassle finding another teacher to send a recommendation . . .</p>

<p>otherwise I wouldn't be making a big deal</p>

<p>Contact the local UW Alumni Club. They also give out some $$$.</p>

<p>No one owes you any money just because you are a stellar student- most of the UW students are stellar, some garner scholarships from other sources and from NMS. You are more likely to shine amongst your fellow HS students- check with your HS guidance office and apply for what they can offer. As above, UW alumni clubs exist all over the country, look up yours- info via the UW website. UW does not need to give money to attract the best students, everyone gets a break via the tuition rates. Do the work if it is worth it to you- and why not ask the same teachers for a scholarship recommendation?</p>

<p>There's a UW scholarship app</p>

<p>Scholarships</a> | Student Academic Affairs</p>

<p>Also note that there are dozens, not hundreds, available for nearly 6,000 freshmen.</p>

<p>
[quote]
the thing is, I already sent two teacher recs plus the counselor rec, so it will be a bit of a hassle finding another teacher to send a recommendation . . .

[/quote]
</p>

<p>With word processors, Teachers are usually good about reusing the rec and addressing it to the scholarship competition.</p>