scholarship question

<p>anyone that actually attends the university or knows about this pls respond</p>

<p>purdue is my first choice but its expensive..</p>

<p>im out of state so tuition+fees is around 34k</p>

<p>now my question is does purdue give anything to students from the fafsa. i dont qualify for presidental or trustee</p>

<p>my parents efc is about 18k</p>

<p>can i expect anything besides stafford loans?</p>

<p>Co-ask the scholarship qestion.</p>

<p>Also for non-resident, what is the chance to pay in-state tuition starting 2nd year?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>I might have to be transferring out of Purdue unfortunately due to the cost and me being undecided while being out of state. Purdue's financial aid package usually has grants that can be up to 5-10k or maybe more depending on your transcript I guess. I've heard that for the upcoming freshman class there is alot more endowment money going to you guys. You basically have to wait till you get your aid package to see. </p>

<p>However in terms of getting in-state tuition when your out of state. It's very hard to do in any school in Indiana supposedly. I've heard that people who even dropped out of school for a year and worked while living in Indiana even got denied in-state tuition after getting state residence for a year. One of my friends is going to see if that living/working for a year in Indiana works starting next semester also.</p>

<p>Thank you Jimgotkp!</p>

<p>I asked this for my daughter. We are deciding on Purdue (out of state) vs. UC santa cruz (in-state). Both are Management major. It appears Purdue has better reputation.(?) I heard that getting in-state tuition status at Purdue after 2nd year is almost impossible.</p>

<p>You mentioned the 5-10k grant, is this only for the 1st year if awarded? or every year you can get 5-10k grant? thanks!!</p>

<p>honestly parent111, I'd stick with UC-Santa Cruz, UC-Santa Cruz also has a very good reputation overall and is a great school to go for undergrad. Save yourself the money for graduate school if you need to and stay close to home.</p>

<p>I don't know.. I would differ from pierre's view. I think coming to Purdue was the best investment/decision that I ever done. I think you should just cross out the chances of getting in-state tuition and be willing to pay out of state tuition. I think the grant depends on your transcript and your daughter's EFC(estimated family contribution). I'm not clearly sure of how it goes. If your willing to wait I can give you an estimated amount of how much Purdue gives me in grants for this upcoming year. I plan to stick with Purdue after discussing stuff with my parents. I will then compare how much grant I get this year to last year. Just give me a heads up notice in the future like in a month or so if you also remember. I don't come on CC as much as I used to so yeah.</p>