Scholarship/Senior Year Grades

<p>Here is the link to UA’s website about scholarships: [Types</a> of Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/]Types”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/)
Are you a senior? (If Junior, I would take test again.) Already applied and met the Dec 1 deadline? (If not, I don’t fancy your chances, although, some who do not qualify for the capstone/collegiate/scholar/presidential/etc., MAY receive smaller awards from various departments, according to previous posters.)</p>

<p>Philly - just checked the cutoff for PA. It’s 214 if you got a 215 then you need to talk to your counselor.</p>

<p>Philly said that she got a 215 on her PSAT. If that’s true then her counselor may have dropped the ball and she needs to call NMCorp immediately.</p>

<p>Mon2kids - I agree. Sometimes people make mistakes or don’t understand the process the counselor could have dropped the ball.</p>

<p>Rip - This is PSAT not SAT. PSAT doesn’t have writing and plus maybe she didn’t do well on science and it dragged down the composite score.There is a reason why they make them take the SAT to make sure they can come up with a SAT score that is close to their PSAT. Not sure what that is though…</p>

<p>There is a reason why they make them take the SAT to make sure they can come up with a SAT score that is close to their PSAT. Not sure what that is though…</p>

<p>Just to clarify…your SAT does not have to be close to your PSAT for NMF. All NMSFs just have to get about a 1960 SAT…no matter what their PSAT was.</p>

<p>I have a 3.4 GPA and my new test scores are expected to be a 28 on the ACT and around a 1240 combined SAT score. I have already been accepted with my old SAT score of 1000, but when my new scores are available to be sent out will they reconsider scholarships? I also know they say you must have at least a 3.5, so since I only have a 3.4 would that make me unqualified?</p>

<p>Is that 3.4 weighted or unweighted?</p>

<p>unweighted</p>

<p>I have a 3.4 GPA and my new test scores are expected to be a 28 on the ACT and around a 1240 combined SAT score. I have already been accepted with my old SAT score of 1000, but when my new scores are available to be sent out will they reconsider scholarships? I also know they say you must have at least a 3.5, so since I only have a 3.4 would that make me unqualified?</p>

<p>I answered this question a few days ago to another poster and it has been answered before, you can do a search but the short of it is no, you need a 3.5 GPA. However, that could be your weighted GPA. What is your weighted GPA? have you taken any honors or AP classes that would weight your GPA? GPA only counts for scholarships from the 9th.to 11th grades.</p>

<p>Are you in state or out of state?</p>

<p>It would seem that your weighted gpa would be above the baseline if you have taken any AP or honors courses.</p>

<p>I have taken some honors, but because I had just switched schools my junior year the guidance counselor basically just threw my transcripts together and never provided me with a weighted gpa. I know that my junior year I had a 3.8 for just that year, so I don’t think that its possible to only have a 3.4. Anyways, my old SAT scores were sent in and I was accepted, however, I do want to know if I can still send in my new scores and if they will consider them even after i’ve already been accepted</p>

<p>It’s really your GPA you should be concerned about as far as scholarships go, not your test scores. The 3.5 is not flexible. I’d meet with your counselor and see if your GPA can be reviewed.</p>

<p>Your new scores will be considered. However, I agree with Class2012Mom. You need to meet with your GC to be certain you are being credited with the appropriate grade points. Meows your school also have a college center?</p>

<p>Again, as everyone is saying the 3.5 is a requirement. Your guidance counselor needs to go over your transcript thoroughly and compute your weighted GPA. This must be shown on the transcript and the revised transcript needs to be sent to UA. You should check back with admissions to make sure they have received your revised transcript and have updated your file.</p>

<p>Also, scholarship requirements are different for instate versus OOS, so which are you? your ACT or SAT scores plus your GPA plus your status (instate or OOS) will determine the value of your scholarship. </p>

<p>I will repeat the info here but you need to review the scholarship page to determine if you are eligible, and then review finances with your parents to see if you can afford to attend Bama.</p>

<p>Please review our FAQ section for details on the scholarships listed below.</p>

<p>CAPSTONE SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 27 ACT or 1210–1240 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Capstone Scholar and will receive $14,000 over four years ($3,500 per year).</p>

<p>COLLEGIATE SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 28 ACT or 1250–1280 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Collegiate Scholar and will receive $16,000 over four years ($4,000 per year).</p>

<p>FOUNDATION IN EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 29 ACT or 1290–1320 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Foundation in Excellence Scholar and receive the value of one-half tuition or $18,900 over four years ($4,725 per year).</p>

<p>PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 30–36 ACT or 1330–1600 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of tuition or $37,800 over four years ($9,450 per year).</p>

<p>OUT-OF-STATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2014-2015</p>

<p>Please review our FAQ section for details on the scholarships listed below.</p>

<p>CAPSTONE SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 27 ACT or 1210–1240 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Capstone Scholar and will receive $14,000 over four years ($3,500 per year).</p>

<p>COLLEGIATE SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 28 ACT or 1250–1280 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Collegiate Scholar and will receive $16,000 over four years ($4,000 per year).</p>

<p>FOUNDATION IN EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 29 ACT or 1290–1320 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Foundation in Excellence Scholar and receive the value of one-half tuition or $47,900 over four years ($11,975 per year).</p>

<p>UA SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 30–31 ACT or 1330–1390 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a UA Scholar and will receive the value of two-thirds tuition or $64,184 over four years ($16,046 per year).</p>

<p>PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLAR</p>

<p>A first-time freshman student who meets the December 15 scholarship priority deadline, has a 32–36 ACT or 1400–1600 SAT score (critical reading and math scores only) and at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA will be selected as a Presidential Scholar and will receive the value of tuition or $95,800 over four years ($23,950 per year).</p>