Scholarship with tex. tomorrow fund

<p>What the chances of getting a scholarship if you have a prepaid tuition plan?</p>

<p>My D did not get a scholarship and we have TTF… A friend of hers with lower stats did get a scholarship (small one) while I can’t be positive I think family income is about the same.
He did not have TTF</p>

<p>My daughter was awarded an A&M scholarship as well as several outside scholarships. We have the prepaid tuition plan. The scholarships she received were merit-based. Good luck!</p>

<p>TTF has no bearing on TAMU scholarships, merit or need based - you don’t even declare that you have the TTF on the scholarship application. I had the same question last year and called and spoke to the scholarship office about it.</p>

<p>Actually on the applytexas scholarship app for tamu, it asks for the value of the prepaid tuition plan.</p>

<p>We had to claim it as an asset on the FAFSA form. So, it will impact the expected family contribution number for financial aid. That being said, however, it was such a good investment! Glad we bought into it. :)</p>

<p>Sorry, my mistake. That must be new on Apply Texas for this year. I still have one of the emails from the scholarship office from last fall telling me that the TTF is not declared on the TAMU scholarship app, only the FAFSA. </p>

<p>We had some luck with small scholarships from our electric company and bank. I noticed that today’s electric bill had the notice for this year’s scholarship deadline in it. Our local chamber of commerce also gives scholarships. I think there is much less competition in those sorts of opportunities. Don’t forget to join your local Aggie Mom chapter, they give scholarships, as well.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info on Aggie Mom! Wasn’t aware of it!</p>