Scholarship?

<p>I just received my acceptance today to the University of Miami and I am super excited. The only bad part was that I did not get a scholarship in the package. I think I have the stats that should correlate to getting at least some money from the school. I have a 1390/1600 on my SATs and a 3.65 GPA.
Does anyone know if they send out more scholarships later once regular decision is complete? Thanks!</p>

<p>I am in the same position. I am valedictorian but my test scores were a little low (30 ACT) so I didn’t get a scholarship. It’s just frustrating because Miami was my first choice and I was good enough to get in but I won’t be able to go becasue I can’t afford it. :(</p>

<p>As a parent, I have called the Ad. office many times as well as the Financial Aid office. rjk: I think the GPA might have left you off the scholarship list. I posted on a different thread that I was told that each year the scholarships become more competitive and the requirements go up. There are certain numbers that must be met to be eligible. I was told above 1350 and class rank in the top 5%. Those numbers don’t guarantee a scholarship, they just put you in the pool for consideration. Next they look at your strength of schedule (# of AP/IB, etc), your essay, let of rec… That is how they determine who gets what. There may be someone with a lower GPA and test score but they had the minimum requirement and all other factors may have been outstanding. That person would have gotten the higher award. Don’t give up if it is your dream and apply for FA. Scholarship $$ that is not used goes back into the pool for those who actually attend. They may reconsider, especially if you have other scholarship offers from schools on the same level. It is worth a shot. Good luck!</p>