Scholarships/Admissions Application

<p>Hey guys-
I was wondering if the admissions application must be submitted before the scholarships application. I know the deadline is this Saturday.</p>

<p>The deadline for the admissions app. is on 1/15, and I plan on submitting it sometime late December.
Please help. Thanks.</p>

<p>I think you send both of them together, so yes they both must be submitted by Saturday I believe.</p>

<p>DS sent his scholarship app well after he was accepted so I know you don’t have to send them together. I don’t know whether the scholarship app can go first.</p>

<p>^maybe there is another one because mine was sent through applytexas. But I do know that AIS says that all credentials must be received by December 1st for consideration, so to me that means essays and everything else must be submitted, but idk.</p>

<p>Thanks guys. I called the office of admissions, and they said that the Scholarships App can be sent separately (or before) the admissions app. However, I called the Scholarships and Financial Aid office and they said the admissions app MUST be submitted before the scholarships app. </p>

<p>On a different note, do you guys know if ACT scores may be updated on the system as long as it’s before the deadline?</p>

<p>Yes, they can! And if you get your scholarship app in on time, it doesn’t matter whether you take the test before December or not, they will take January and December tests into consideration for scholarships (those both meet the application deadline).</p>

<p>Okay, here’s my plan.</p>

<p>Submit my applications (Scholarships and Admissions) before December 1, and then retake the ACT in December. The ACT scores won’t be sent to A&M until late December. Do you think it makes sense? Thanks, Nicole. Will you be a freshman next fall?</p>

<p>Yes i will be a freshman in the fall if i get accepted :slight_smile: Yeah that’s what I’m doing with the SAT! As long as you have a test already submitted to A&M before the December 1st date, your application will go into review before your test scores come back, but it will be updated when the scores are received. No rejection letters are sent out until Feb/march of next year. Good luck on your ACT!</p>

<p>Nicole, you are awesome! Did you speak to someone from admissions? The lady I spoke to was extremely rude and apathetic. I had no clue as to what she was saying. Good luck to you too on your SAT! I really wish the best for both of us.</p>

<p>Thanks!! And yeah I’ve talked to a few people from admissions, one that I knew and one that visited my school. They were both very helpful, so I’m sorry you a bad experience!</p>