Scholarships at Purdue?

<p>Does anyone if Purdue has any full ride scholarships? Am I guaranteed any of the merit based scholarships, assuming I meet the criteria and submit the application in time?</p>

<p>yes, you are guaranteed the merit scholarships.</p>

<p>the full ride scholarship is the Beering Scholarship… good luck with that.</p>

<p>All merit scholarships are by invitation only. I think maybe one is guaranteed if you meet some academic requirements? You’d have to check their website. Yeah the big one is Beering…I personally know three people who have got it (and turned it down). It is extremely selective.</p>

<p>Yeah seriously good luck with the Beering scholarship.</p>

<p>I heard about a sophomore being awarded as a TA. Does anyone know if TA gets the tuition waiver? If so, it is like a full ride scholarship if the student also gets the 10K merit scholarship.</p>

<p>I believe undergrad TA’s only get paid hourly if I’m not mistaken… I have a brother in my fraternity who was a TA and I recall him saying he gets paid by the hour… I don’t think they get tuition waivers even at the graduate level…</p>

<p>when I am offered admission, am I directly being considered for scholarships(merit based)? or should I also apply for scholarships?</p>