Scholarships for returning students

<p>Are the only scholarships available the ones listed? Or are there others not listed so it makes it worthwhile to fill it out?
Haven’t been able to find the ellusive WW2 vet grandchild one yet?</p>

<p>Bumping for any info, as I think the deadline is Dec 1. Tx</p>

<p>Hi Idinct
The scholarship is called: The LaVerne Noyes Scholarship
It is for direct decendants of a WWI vet…
The option for this is on the scholarship application and it is listed as the LaVerne Noyes Scholarship</p>

<p>You check the box and then after you send the whole scholarship application in you have to follow up by emailing scans of all the paperwork to the scholarship office, to prove that you are a decendant. We sent pdf’s of her greatgrandfathers honorable discharge papers, his receipt of Purple Heart and other meritorious medal, her birth cerfitificate, my husbands birth certificate, and his dad’s birth certificate. We also had one other document, but for the life of me I cannot remember right now. Once all the info was emailed to UA, we did receive a confiming email that it had been received and was being put in DD’s file.</p>

<p>If you need more info feel free to PM me. The scholarship was actually started by LaVerne Noyes who graduated from Iowa State University. This scholarship is offered at many schools and the amount varies from $500 to $2000 depending on funding. It is not just a freshman scholarship and is open for renewal yearly.</p>

<p>I hope this helps!</p>

<p>Is the Noyes Scholarship given based on financial need?</p>

<p>From what I have read about it, it is based on both merit and need based, with need being weighted more heavily. But it is not a need based only award. Not everyone who applies receives it.</p>

<p>My oldest daughter attends Iowa State and since it originated there I remember getting an actual sheet with info on it about some of this.</p>

<p>Yes I saw that, but it’s WW1 & I thought I saw a WW2 scholarship. I also wondered if there were any others not in the list since S doesn’t qualify for any of them not sure it makes sense to complete the app.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the Noyes (WWI) applies to freshman too, or only returning students? Thanks!</p>

<p>My philosophy was to complete the scholarship application even if I didn’t qualify for any of the listed scholarships. One doesn’t know if there is an unlisted scholarship that they might qualify for and have a good chance at winning.</p>

<p>When we had our campus visit last year, the reps from the National Alumni Association said that statistically very few rising sophomores–seniors fill out the scholarship form again, so it’s much easier to be selected for one.</p>

<p>The L. Noyes scholarship is available for freshmen. My son applied last year but did not receive the scholarship.</p>

<p>my daughter just received this scholarship from UA but it shows only $15 per semester payable for 2 semesters. would this be correct?</p>

<p>That amount doesn’t sound right. I would send Amber an email asking about it. I would be shocked if that is the right amount.</p>

<p>I just found this on the UC -Boulder website…</p>

<p>The Laverne Noyes Scholarship has a minimum award of $250, which is drastically less than the average for all College Scholarships. The Scholarship has a maximum award of $500, which is drastically less than the average for all College Scholarships. </p>

<p>So, maybe your D is supposed to get $125 per semester? (and they left out the “2”??) That would be $250 per year.</p>

<p>Colorado awards up to 10 a year, so maybe Bama has the same restriction?</p>