Scholarships listed on MyBama

<p>Just checked my son’s account and his Presidential scholarship is listed :)</p>

<p>Just checked an my D’s is listed too. However, it shows this for housing:</p>

<p>Presidential Nat’l Housing Sch<br>
$3232.00 8</p>

<p>And when I looked up projected housing rates for a 4 room unit in Riverside, etc it shows
$4,400 per semester. I thought that housing was completely covered for NMF? Did that change?</p>

<p>But if you looked at the projected rate for a double it’s $2,800 not the $3,232.</p>

<p>Don’t worry…Bama doesn’t list the honor housing amount, but it still will cover a 4 BR super suite.</p>

<p>And don’t worry about whateve that amount is listed. It will adjust. </p>

<p>Bama doesn’t list the higher amounts because if a student chooses “cheaper housing,” then Bama doesn’t issue a refund. so, it just lists a low amount…but still will cover the 4 bedroom suite if selected.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info on the housing, m2ck! They also list the tuition scholarship as the Presidential Merit and show it as $10,950 per semester. When I look that up on the website under COA, it shows that price for OOS student for up to 16 hours. I thought I had read somewhere that the NMF would cover up to 20 hours? How does that work? I may be mistaken.</p>

<p>Yes…the Presidential scholarship will cover up to 20 credits per semester. This is according to Dr Judith Bonner, Provost and current interim President of UA.</p>

<p>Thanks – will have my daughter sign on and “accept” tonight… Although I was tempted to go ahead and just do it myself… :)</p>

<p>Thanks again, m2ck! If Dr Bonner says it’s so, I think it definitely must be so. :)</p>

<p>That’s good to know.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if anyone has yet received (on their myBama site) other scholarship offers (other than the Pres Scholar, e.g.)? I know there are other department scholarships and some alumni scholarships, and those 100’s that were initially listed on the original application…when do these show up as offers?</p>

<p>Probably very soon.</p>

<p>However, please be aware that except for engineering, typically dept scholarships are given to students who didn’t get the big Presidential Scholarships. For instance, an OOS student with an ACT 29 might get a dept scholarship because his score didn’t make the UA Scholar cut-off.</p>

<p>But, if you qualify for First Gen, Coca Cola, the WWI scholarship or those other non-dept scholarships, then you can still get those if selected.</p>

<p>To answer the question on “other” scholarships on MyBama --</p>

<p>Yes - my D had additional Alumni scholarship listed yesterday… BUT</p>

<p>From looking at previous years posts, it appears that “other” scholarships are often added after initial stats scholarships show up on MyBama</p>

<p>I need to add another exception to my post #9. If your child qualifies for a “talent” scholarship (performance, forensics, etc) then that may be added to a big scholarship.</p>

<p>m2ck – a question.</p>

<p>Should we expect a letter stating our D’s scholarship offer(s) and when we should accept by?</p>

<p>I notice in older posts it seems like scholarship letters arrived and then scholarships were loaded into MyBama for accept/decline/extend.</p>

<p>I don’t know about others, but we haven’t received any letter asking us to accept/decline on MyBama yet – so we were actuallly going to wait for the letter to ensure it matched MyBama prior to accepting.</p>

<p>Yes…you should be getting a letter detailing scholarships and acceptance dates. Those are being mailed out very soon…I think this week or next week.</p>

<p>OK so did I blow it? </p>

<p>From looking at previous years posts, it appears that “other” scholarships are often added after initial stats scholarships show up on MyBama</p>

<p>Daughter was so excited to see her Presidential and other Academic Excellance scholarship that she accepted last night. Does this mean that if there were any other scholarships, departmental, etc that they won’t apply??</p>

<p>The alumni scholar and heritage scholarships showed up on my son’s mybama yesterday along w/ the presidential.</p>

<p>Buzymom…what do you mean by asking, “did I blow it”?</p>

<p>So have the Crimson Scholarships been awarded yet? Should students be expecting any more funding?</p>

<p>Are you talking about the Crimson Alumni? I think only one is awarded to an OOS student. </p>

<p>Or are you talking about the UFE Academic Elite scholarships?</p>

<p>You’re in UFE??? Have you been awarded anything for UFE?</p>

<p>Ya I was talking about the Crimson Alumni scholarship, but more or less, just scholarships in general haha. I’m just trying to see if I have a chance at anything else. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, I didn’t make UFE, but I did make CBHP, so I’m excited for that!</p>

<p>Buzymom3 – I don’t think you blew anything – it appears from previous years posts that anyone that got additional “other” scholarships that they were able to accept them seperate</p>