***** Scholarships merit Class of 2019 *****

I called and scholarships will come out at the end of the month snail mail only. Please post amounts and stats when you get yours.

Bump post stats and award please

Are you asking only about the big ones? Son has received three different award letters, each upping the ante but they are smaller amounts.

Yes, it’s usually a process. There’s not one big award letter and that’s the final word. I don’t think you’re going to get the answers that you’re looking for.

gobluemom85, he received those THIS year? Just wondering if merit scholarships have actually gone out yet. I messaged the financial aid office through their Facebook page last week, and they said everything went out two weeks prior. Yesterday, my daughter’s boyfriend (he was accepted too) called the financial aid office, and they said nothing has gone out yet. I was also told that it was one big award letter not several rounds of smaller ones, opposite of what Debbie7452 said. Very frustrating.

Yes, he is a senior and will be entering in the fall. He was eligible for one of the automatic ones (NHRP) and received a letter confirming that a while back. About 2 weeks ago, he got a letter that restated the NHRP and added a Presidential Scholarship ($10,000 spread over 4 years), a named scholarship ($1000 for freshman year only) and a study abroad award that he can use at any point during his degree program ($1000). Then last week he got a third letter with all of the above plus a Rudder Scholarship ($8800 spread over four years) contingent on joining the Corp. He is not planning to join the Corp so that last one doesn’t really change anything.

None of these were FASFA related so that may be why FA said nothing has gone out yet.

What is NHRP? She probably won’t get anything FAFSA related. We are not rich but not dirt poor either. We are from Indiana so she needs to get at least $1000 to get in-state tuition to make it feasible. Even with getting ONLY in-state tuition and no other money it would be cheaper than Purdue in-state (her other choice).

Financial Aid(need based) is one big letter, but merit scholarships are not.

OOS and have not received anything. No letters at all. 4.0 SAT 2080. 4 years V golf, regular extras, 12 years Spanish, 6 years trombone,

Can anyone who has received merit give some stats?

Well, we’ve finally heard from TAMU, and they are saying that all scholarships went out a few weeks ago. So I guess that if you have not heard anything by now, you are not getting anything. Sad to work so hard and get nothing.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven’t heard anyone get a merit scholarship, but people are saying they have all been sent. I figured with some peoples stats on here they would definitely recieve scholarships. A&M is by far my top choice, I had solid stats and received nothing. I’m OOS, and I defiantly need a waiver. If scholarships have in fact been sent, is their any other way to reduce the price of admission?

It’s probably not a good sign that you haven’t gotten anything yet, but based on past experiences I don’t think all hope is lost. My student’s scholarships were revised 4 times. She was NMF though. She got the first offer in October and the last around March or April. I don’t want to discourage anyone with her stats. They were very high. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

I feel your pain AandMhopeful. My daughter is OOS too and has great stats. TAMU is definitely her top choice as well. There is no way we can afford to send her paying out-of-state tuition. Heck, paying in-state tuition at Purdue (her next choice) is going to be nearly impossible even with a lot of loans.

Can anyone who’s gotten a scholarship confirm whether the amounts are posted on the Howdy portal on financial aid portal.

@kitty11 Yes, my son’s scholarships are showing on his financial aid portal. They weren’t there last week so it told awhile after the letter for them to show up in Howdy. BTW, the one I called a “Presidential” in my post above was actually a “Lechner”. I got confused with what he was awarded at a different U.

Is he in state or OOS?

My son is in-state.

Talked with the Scholarship department today. Only the top-level scholarships have gone out thus far. They said many more letters to come out by last week of March/first week of April.

Great news thanks. Also maybe they are doing in state first. I think most OOS students are waiting for tuition waiver with scholarship. We won’t go with out.

lee6666…Did they mention which scholarships they consider the “top level”? Thanks for contacting them.