***** Scholarships merit Class of 2019 *****

Scholarships were sent out, financial aid packages are still in the works and students should see something on howdy by the end of the month.
Some scholarship letters are just notifications that you are “eligible” to receive them, after awhile of waiting something will eventually show up on howdy if you actually received them.
Again, financial aid, different from scholarships, will be sent out in the next few weeks depending on when you submitted your fafsa.

Dd received letter today dated 3/2: academic achievement scholarship $12,000 and GTF Aggie scholars $4,500 plus the $1,000 study abroad. We are in state. 33 ACT and #1 in her class. Does anyone know if you can stack the valedictorian scholarship with the others?

Is fafsa required for scholarship notification?

No, you don’t have to fill out a FASFA to receive the merit scholarships.

@NETarrantMom thanks!!

Wow I am really surprised. I just called FA office. She said ALL merit has been offered. My son 4.0 and 30 ACT OOS with great extras and job got nothing. We also visited this month. No way he is going without a waiver. Too bad. It was a top choice. Temple, Kentucky, Butler, Xavier here we come.

Wow, that is surprising. I’m glad my oos son decided to join the corps then. Apparently, that is the only scholarship he will be offered. And we are sure thankful for that one!

I was really hoping my S would receive something, too. We’re in-state, though, so it’s not crucial by any means – just icing. :slight_smile: Maybe he would have if he had decided to join the Corps.

Just posting to answer a few questions posed here. Yes, you can stack the valedictorian free tuition on other scholarships. No, you do not have to do a FAFSA for merit scholarships at A&M. Yes, scholarships and amounts are posted on Howdy, but some are slow to post: National Merit money will not post until later (after A&M is notified that it was named as your first choice), departmental scholarships are often slow to post also because the department has to notify Scholarships and Financial Aid that you were selected. So you may get your snail mail update before it shows on Howdy.

Even after A&M says all the money has been handed out, don’t lose hope. My S1 was offered more money late in the summer and even more after he started his freshman year. Then he had 2 scholarships increased from $3K per year to $4K per year then to $5K per year by his junior year. This was not the case for S2 - his amounts never increased after about this time of year when he was a HS senior. I don’t expect my current HS senior S3 to be offered any more than what he has now. Howdy does not yet show everything for him but he has been notified so we know what to expect from A&M.

Don’t forget that some scholarship recipients will decide to attend another school so those scholarships may be offered late in the game!

I know this posting is about incoming freshman for 2015, but has anyone received continuing student scholarships? My son is a freshman at TAMU now. Earned at 4.0 his first semester and has joined many university clubs. He’s in the University Honors and was just invited to apply for the Scholars program. We haven’t seen any scholarships on his Howdy, but not sure when they should hit.

@whciv01, there are links on Howdy for both freshmen and upperclassmen scholarships, and he should check with his department so see if they have any. Also, local Aggie Mom clubs often have scholarships that students can apply for as upperclassmen.