Scholarships opportunities?

<p>Hello everyone! </p>

<p>Can anyone tell me my chances of getting into engineering at Texas A&M and my chance of getting at least a $1000 scholarship?</p>

<p>My stats are:</p>

<p>SAT: 1870 (M 740 CR 540 :( W 590 :(
GPA: 4.33

<p>Above Average EC's</p>

<p>Thank you! </p>

<p>Based on your other posts, you are from NJ. Your current scores are not high enough to be eligible for academic admission ( you need a 30 ACT, 1300 SAT with minimums met in each area). The SAT score is M + CR with 600 min. in each. I would say as is, you would be a reach for the admissions alone, as you would be in the review category for admissions. 85% of engineering slots were full prior to getting to the review admits last year & they had to compete with automatic top 10%TX & academic admits for the remaining 15% of slots left. Sign up for another round of testing to increase your chances of admissions here. Regarding the OOS waiver, it is very competitive as you must compete with in state applicants for the $1000 scholarships. Your current chances of obtaining one would be very low given your current scores.</p>

<p>Okay thank you @AGmomx2 ! I will be retaking my ACT</p>

<p>Agmom speaks truth- retake the SAT and get over the 1300 mark. As for scholarships, they are very competitive. You best bet for an out of state waiver, if it suits you, is to talk to the Corps of Cadets. They have over 1800 scholarships for the 2400 or so cadets; each of which would qualify you for instate tuition. Good luck.</p>