Scholarships question -- current student

<p>My S is a freshman with a couple current scholarships (university, department and corps). At the NSC I wrote down a note about a scholarship application deadline of October 15. I unfortunately didn't take any more notes about this. </p>

<p>Do all students with current scholarships have to complete an application by this deadline to recompete for their scholarships, do you fill out the app to be considered for additional scholarships, or are their other reasons? When I follow the link at the TAMU scholarships site it looks like the app is just for study abroad scholarships. Any information would be most appreciated. </p>

<p>Thanks, JR</p>

<p>i believe that is the date the continuing students application opens – closing date I think is Feb 1. Most people wait, it is a complete application with essay & listing activities, etc. Look at the scholarship letters, they will tell you whether they are one year or multiple year. Many are renewed just by meeting requirements, not by competing for them again. Hope this helps</p>

<p>People fill out the applications to try to get more scholarships and/or compete for the ones that don’t automatically renew. Other than that, there’s no ‘advantage’. They do get thousands of applications for hundreds of scholarships, so it is very competitive.</p>

<p>Thanks for the clarification. JR</p>