Scholarships

<p>Hey College0523! We are in the same boat my son has 36 Act, 3.94 uw 4.86 w gpa IB candidate #1 in class of 470 - admitted to Engineering, Scholars Day, Honor Program and absolutely nothing on scholarships. It makes me wonder if it is lost in the mail??? He is feeling a little depressed as he was borderline for Beering but should have been a Trustee scholar.</p>

<p>DS has very similar stat to yours. We have not heard from PU either. I guess, we will give the benefit of doubt until Feb 15th, then I guess we will move on. Thanks for sharing the information here. From what I heard from last year, folks actually started to hear from PU around middle of Jan. So I guess they are picking up the screening process from where they left off by the end of December! Pure guessing from my part.</p>

<p>I guess we all need to all relax a bit. I think they probably field many acceptance/denial issues in late Dec. and early Jan plus close for a week. It shouldn’t surprise us the letters haven’t come especially for these students with act scores fo 34, 35 and 36.</p>

<p>Good luck all!</p>

<p>Thats good. It makes me feel a bit better now.</p>

<p>My daughter was invited to apply for Beering, but hasn’t received a letter about Trustees. I phoned Admissions, and was told they hadn’t finished sending out Trustees letters yet. I believe what they told me. (My impression was things might have ground to a halt over the holidays.)</p>

<p>My daughter received a Trustees scholarship letter this weekend so they must be in the process of sending out another batch. Good luck to all!</p>

<p>My daughter received a Trustees scholarship letter today (postmarked Jan 6), so I think Penny must be right. (Congratulations on your daughter’s scholarship, Penny!)</p>

<p>Our daughter received the Trustee Scholarship too - out of state for $16,000 - letter came the Friday before Christmas!!</p>

<p>DS has received a trustee’s scholarship, but we haven’t heard anything regarding the Beering’s Scholarship. If he hasn’t been asked to apply yet, does that mean he is not in the running?</p>

<p>I have a 2300+ SAT and a 3.95 UW GPA. Why have I still not received a scholarship??</p>

<p>I’m out of state, btw. Guess I won’t be going to Purdue then. :/</p>

<p>Clouder, I think it might be worth calling Admissions and just asking them about it. Say you’ve seen other people getting scholarships, and were wondering if you should be worried , because you haven’t heard anything and your stats seems to be as good as or better than some of the people who have gotten them. Did you apply by the priority deadline?</p>

<p>Clouder my son hasn’t received anything either. He has 35 ACt and 3.86 uw. I did call and they told me to wait until Feb. 15 then call if he had nothing. Very frustrating because my son is doing second visits to the schools who have provided early scholarships and this is leaving Purdue in the dust…</p>

<p>I went to Scholar’s Day on Saturday and heard from them that they send out trustees/presidential by department so that’s the reason some people have already gotten them and others have not. I’m hoping for at least presidential, but I’m not going to start freaking out until February 14 because they really won’t send all of them till the 15th.</p>

<p>just got my presidential scholarship letter! just found it through all of my college mail. it was dated january 13.</p>

<p>I heard from someone who went to Scholarship day at Purdue that the Trustee scholarships are all mailed so if you don’t have one it isn’t “in the mail”. She told me a student had to have a 4.0 to receive one since there are only 100 given and so many good students. My friend said there are presidentials still to be sent.</p>

<p>Fortunately for my son he really didn’t want to go there so without a big scholarship b/c we are oos he won’t be going there. </p>

<p>Mr friend also told me the entire 45 minute session on financail aid was parents asking questions about scholarships. I think there are many like our family that hoped a 3.8 and ACT over 31 would get us the $10K as it has for previous years. Now even with higher Trustee $ amounts the number of kids gettting them is smaller.</p>

<p>Good Luck to all!</p>

<p>college0523,
Presidential scholarships for OOS are still up to 10,000 a year… Why don’t you think you still can get the 10,000 one?</p>

<p>Anyone from Pre-Pharmacy here about the presidential scholarship?</p>

<p>Thanks…</p>

<p>Yea I’m in prepharmacy and I got my presidential letter in the mail yesterday!</p>

<p>boilerup - Thanks for letting me know… are you In state or OOS… We are in NY have not heard anything yet…
Do you mind posting your stats? Really need that 10,000 to make Purdue in the hunt…</p>

<p>Thanks…</p>

<p>My son received his merit aid letter yesterday. He received the $10,000 Presidential Scholarship. We are in Missouri. He has been accepted into Engineering.</p>

<p>Not sure this is going to be enough to move Purdue up the list. The original appeal of Purdue (outside of its great engineering program) was that his stats qualified him for in-state tuition because that is what we were told when we visited in April. We didn’t realize the amounts had changed until after he applied.</p>

<p>My daughter also received a Presidential Scholarship. She received her award letter on Wednesday. We are in-state.</p>