Scholarships

<p>Olderwisermom…what are your son’s stats? We are also hoping for a Presidential Scholarship. Thanks.</p>

<p>My son’s stats: 33 ACT (34 superscore by Purdue doesn’t superscore), 2110 SAT, 780 Math SAT II, 760 Chemisty SAT II, 3rd in class of 408, public school in town of 75,000 that doesn’t send many people to competitive schools, 3.99 unweighted GPA/4.5 weighted, 5IB, 3 AP classes, National Merit (Semi)finalist, Freshman mentor, Speech/Debate, National Honor Society, Eagle Scout, lots of service through church, scouts and mentoring.</p>

<p>Any Illinois Engineering students get news on scholarships yet?</p>

<p>Still hoping and waiting here in NY…</p>

<p>Anyone hear anything lately?</p>

<p>Emailed financial aid last week. They said final notifications of Presidential awards will be mailed out February 15. Departmental scholarships continue through April.</p>

<p>Anyone else with high stats surprised they did not get anything from Presidential awards?</p>

<p>Yea… I have a 34 ACT and I haven’t gotten scholarships or honors or anything.</p>

<p>No news here in Illinois. A little disappointing knowing what they’ve given out in prior years. I’m thinking a 31 ACT (34 Math and 35 Science) with 3.91 unweighted GPA and top 3% of class isn’t going to be enough. Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>I talked to an admissions counselor this week who said that there is another wave of letters going out this week so there are still some merit scholarship offers coming. Sure hope my son gets one…</p>

<p>Yes, last year for stats like what has been mentioned in previous posts, for OOS it was an automatic scholarship. This year they changed it so it’s not automatic. They also must have really raised the bar for who qualifies for the OOS scholarships. It’s too bad for IL people that we can’t get some incentive to send some of our money OOS, even after both parents are alum and donate to the school every year for past 20 years.</p>

<p>I guess U of I might start getting out money now…</p>

<p>Wow. Yeah I can probably almost guarantee that most of you with these amazing stats will get a scholarship. I am OOS with a 30 ACT, and received the Trustee’s Scholarship and a letter stating that I was in Purdue’s top 100 applicants for the fall. While I am first/26 people, I would definitely not think I am in the top 100 (that really suprised me). But yeah I’m confident that ya’ll (you can tell I’m from NC, lol) will get scholarships.</p>

<p>that is assuming you applied before the scholarship deadline.</p>

<p>Still no news in Illinois. Bummer.</p>

<p>nothing here in NY either… oh well… Purdue will have to come off the list since we are OOS.</p>

<p>Agreed^ the site says mid-febraury…and its now mid february. the last wave should be coming soon</p>

<p>I got a call from a current student yesterday and I asked about merit scholarships. She said we should get something in the mail in the next couple of weeks. However, I don’t know how reliable she is, especially since she asked if I was a Junior or Senior. (I’ve already been accepted)</p>

<p>I spoke to admissions and they said that each department had until feb 14th to submit the names for the trustee scholarship… She also said that each department had been giving names for the past month and the letters were going out as they go the names… So, I think they are all given out…</p>

<p>its frustrating to think that all of the scholarships have been given out considering I received NOTHING. I really was expecting at least something because of my stats, even if it wasn’t too much. Unfortunately with little financial aid, purdue will be unaffordable.</p>

<p>Don’t give up, everybody! I just got a scholarship letter for an $8,000/year Presidential Scholarship. It was dated February 17, 2011. I’m in-state, so there’s still time for you OOS people to get letters.</p>