scholarships

<p>what kind of scholarships do Purdue/W. Lafayette offer and what kind of acadamic criteria do you need? Thanks</p>

<p>[Let</a> me google that for you](<a href=“LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You”>LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You)</p>

<p>Let me rephrase my question. Does Purdue offer much in terms of merit scholarships and what kind of profile would someone need to be considered?</p>

<p>ok soo u pretty much have to be at the top of ur class b/c purdue is preeetty stingy with its moolah…here check this out: [Purdue</a> University - Merit_Scholarships](<a href=“http://www.purdue.edu/admissions/undergrad/costs/merit_scholarships.html]Purdue”>http://www.purdue.edu/admissions/undergrad/costs/merit_scholarships.html)</p>

<p>n btdubs use the school’s website as ur reference cuz u pretty much cld hv answered ur own ? just by typing scholarship in the website’s search box</p>

<p>Yes, thank you. Can you identify the profile for students who are offered
the Trustee or Presidential Scholarships that Purdue offers?</p>

<p>Purdue used to publish objective criteria such as test scores, GPA and class rank along with the level of merit scholarship. That has now changed. I don’t believe you will find any information here that isn’t at least a little speculative. The quality of the applicant pool, their budget will have an effect on what merit money they hand out.</p>

<p>From the Purdue web site: “Scholarship awards are nonnegotiable and criteria are subject to change without notice.”</p>

<p>For what it’s worth, I got a Trustees scholarship three years ago with a 31 ACT/1350 core SAT (don’t remember which one is considered to be higher) and 4.0 GPA/#1 class ranking at a small non-competitive Indiana high school. I think my ACT score barely qualified me for the scholarship and the requirements have probably risen since then due to Purdue’s desire to increase its out-of-state prestige. I’m grateful though, because it’s pretty much covered my in-state tuition every year. If I was applying for this year with those stats, I would venture a guess that I would receive the slightly less prestigious Presidential award, but who knows? I’m guessing there are quite a few applicants with better test scores than me.</p>

<p>It’s kind of funny though; I’ve met two Beering Award winners (full ride I believe) in my classes, and they didn’t strike me as being extremely smart. They were nice people but were obviously pretty book smart too. Goes to show that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.</p>