Scholarships?

<p>Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any other Financial Aid opportunities available. I was accepted with a Mills Grant fro Class of 2016. Sometimes schools have foundation scholarships you can apply for etc. Just curious? I will probably call tomorrow and post what I can.</p>

<p>I am also trying to find information on this. I was recently accepted but haven’t got any other information regarding financial aid. I know Mills offers merit based scholarships but I don’t know the process for that. I would say your best bet is getting in contact with the undergraduate admissions counselor.</p>

<p>I read on their FA site that they have some merit scholarships that they send with your final FA package on March 31st. I didn’t see the grants anywhere on there that I received so maybe i will get a little more? I am going to plan on doing an over night visit and maybe some kind of a meet and greet with their admissions to help out a little. I didn’t realize how great of school Mills was when I applied… haha glad I got in! Also I have heard that their financial department is very good.</p>

<p>I took a look at their FA website and saw the merit scholarships they offer and they sure a huge sums! I’m excited to see how their financial aid package looks like because I really do love this school!
If you don’t mind sharing, can you tell me what is the name of the grant you received?
You should definitely go and tour the campus and meet some of the admissions people. Everyone is so nice and welcoming there… been on campus 3 times, twice for touring purposes and once for my interview. I guarantee that you will fall in love with the campus, it is BEAUTIFUL!
It really is such a great school, I hope my FA package is good because I really want to go there.
Where else did you apply?</p>

<p>I got a scholarship when I applied for academics and activities</p>

<p>What is that? I haven’t heard of that…</p>

<p>Oh hahaaha i meant i applied as a bio major and got a scholarship for academics!!!</p>

<p>I received the “Mills Grant” for $10,500, I am not expecting to get anything from need based, my parents for some reason LOVE the school, I am most interested in cross registering at UCB if I attend but Mills has quickly surpassed to #2 on my list. I called their admissions office this week to schedule an overnight…still waiting for them to email me the potential dates. I always get the same woman on the phone…I don’t know her name but she is really amazing and and super professional.
I applied to: </p>

<p>USD
UP
Seattle U
USF
Domincan
NDNU
Middlebury(#1)
American
Santa Clara</p>

<p>Yeah, when I found out about being abale to cross register at UCB I was really excited… because of that my parents favor the school even more.
I don’t know if I should be worried that I didn’t receive a scholarship/grant when I got my acceptance letter, but I won’t stress too much on that fact right now. I’m just really glad I got in.
Yeah, whenever I call in its always the same woman who picks up. Her name is Kathleen I believe, she’s always really sweet and helpful.
What do you think about the “all women’s” aspect of Mills? Is that something you’re looking forward to?</p>

<p>I go to an all girls high school now, and I don’t mind it at all. I am actually really looking forward to the “older” scene too. I have heard that there are lots of grad students at mills and that even their undergrad programs have “older” students so I am expecting the maturity level to even out maybe the lack of prestige. Honestly if you are concerned about being in an all women’s environment don’t be, I have loved the past 4 years. There is a certain bonding and community building level that is so self enriching from being in an “all womens” environment. </p>

<p>Right now I am under the impression that merit scholarships or any scholarship related money besides NEED Based is included with the FA packages in March 31st. I am looking forward to receiving it. I never thought in my wildest dreams that this school would rise up as high on my list as it has. </p>

<p>Are you from California?</p>

<p>Yes I am from California. Only applied to 3 privates in the Bay Area and 3 CSU’s and really don’t regret my decision.
I don’t think I’m worried about attending an all girl’s school, it will just be so different from the 12 years of co-ed education I have had. I’m actually really looking forward to it. What I least like about Mills is that the neighborhood that it is around. Very near to the bad part of Oakland and you have to go out of that neighborhood to do stuff. So public transportation or a car might be necessary. But since I’m from around here, its just very near to home and I know my way around. I think Mills is the school I will be going to.
I’m just really anxious to get a FA package. The suspense is making me SO antsy!</p>

<p>I haven’t put much thought into the neighborhood. I know it’s undesirable but the town my high school is in is also a gang town and ranked pretty high on homicide charts. It’s the world we live in, you can’t expect it to always be posh…then again my major is almost centered around understanding the poor, and marginalized so perhaps I am just biased. I don’t mind the neighborhood so much, it adds character, and gives me something to think about fixing if I attend.</p>

<p>I mean if it suits you then its probably a perfect fit! Hope all works out, post back here if you hear anything else back!</p>

<p>Hey guys! I was accepted to Mills with the Faculty scholarship and I’m really interested in going. I haven’t visited campus yet (but I plan to very soon!) and I was just wondering if any of you have sat in on the classes? I know they’re small but I want to know what they’re like.</p>

<p>I know that’s off-topic but I’m just curious :)</p>

<p>I haven’t sat in yet. I called them last week to set up an over night visit which is supposed to include an in class sit in too. After my Visit I was planning on posting a review. They never contacted me back with the available dates… so looks like I will have to call again on Tuesday. HERE WE GO</p>

<p>I sat in on a Sociology class during one of my visits. I realllly loved it. I forgot the professor’s name but she was very interactive and the class was literally only like 25 females. There was discussions going on and the majority of the class was engaged in it. It wasn’t just about the professor and all the students had to do was listen, it gave everyone a chance to talk during the lecture and that was what best appealed to me. The class was also located in the new science building and that building is VERY nice. Its modern and yet fits in with the older buildings on campus.</p>

<p>Sociology sounds like fun! I will probably get stuck in a chemistry class…</p>

<p>Thanks so much for your replies! I can’t wait to visit.</p>

<p>coldharbour & nickygurl94 Have both of you found out when you will be visiting Mills?</p>