Scholarships?

<p>I got in to Miami, and the letter said that I wouldn't hear about scholarships until the end of the month. I wanted to know what chance I have at getting good money at Miami. </p>

<p>I'm an IB student, and the only exam I've taken so far is SL Math; I got a 6. That's the highest IB math I can take here. I've gotten all A's and maybe one or two B's in my high school career, which has been split up between two states, which threw off my GPA and class rankings and all of that. A lot of the courses I took at my old school don't translate well to my new school, so I lost a lot of my weighted GPA that way, which affected my class rank. At my old school, I was on the math team. My highest composite ACT score is 34, and I can never remember my SAT score, but I am a National Merit Scholar Finalist. I used to be in FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), and I was regionally ranked in Business Math in my freshman year. I'm currently in my school's International Club. I've also had a job at an amusement park since the summer before junior year, so almost 3 years. I'm actually a supervisor. </p>

<p>Thanks for any advice that I get from y'all :)</p>

<p>This is a tough one and why no one has probably responded.
There is not a lot of information on how admissions look at IB. Class rank is important in the assessment of Presidential Scholarship levels. If you simply had a 4.0 gpa and ACT of 34 and a class rank in the top 10% then I’d say you’d be looking at $18-22K
With a lower class rank it could be less certainly. Were you invited to a Singer weekend?
Let us know what happens as it is good to collect data on this forum from IB students. </p>

<p>I got $22K Presidential Scholarship! I really don’t know how the school looks at IB, which definitely could have helped or hurt that number, but I’m happy with it :)</p>

<p>Congrats Nicole! I’ve been rooting for you. Is UMiami your top choice or do you have other good options?</p>

<p>Thanks! I do have other options, but Miami is definitely one of my top three.</p>