Scholarships?

<p>Has anyone got a scholarship yet? When do we hear about them?</p>

<p>I was told by admissions that if you were going to receive a scholarship it would have been in your admissions packet.</p>

<p>I got $24,000 a year. It was included in my admissions packet.</p>

<p>GPA 4.1 weighted
ACT 36
SAT 1490</p>

<p>16k a year
4.75 weighted
1450</p>

<p>So it wouldve been in our packet? I see.</p>

<p>16K annually
4.2 weighted
top 3% of class
1350/1600; 2100/2400</p>

<p>Is there a way to maybe find out how this is reviewed, i excel all the requirements for the 8k and 16k scholarship except the ranking %, but that's because my grade only has 67 people and I have a 3.9 (well now a 4.1 but this is before) W and am still only at 11. Anyone know?</p>

<p>I got $24k per year.
33ACT
1460SAT
rank 5%</p>

<p>hyakku,
Fulfilling the scholarship requirements does not guarantee anything. They consider essays, ECs, and recommendations in their scholarship evaluation, not just scores. Just like admissions, scholarship selection is holistic.</p>

<p>I haven't gotten my official letter yet (got the pop-up though!) and am nervous to see my financial aid package. My school doesn't rank (we only do deciles), so I'm not sure how they'll handle me. I'll be sure to let you know how I fare because other than the ranking, I "qualify" for $24k.</p>

<p>Well in my packet it said FA info is still to come but idk we'll see.</p>

<p>My packet included no money for financial aid =/.</p>

<p>Oh well...they say student loans are a part of life, right? (Actually, they don't. I just made that up. Ugh lol)</p>

<p>hyakku,</p>

<p>We thought the same thing and called admissions. D met all requirements for the $11,000, but ACT was 33. We called just to see if maybe there was a mistake and without even knowing who my D was or any of her stats, I was told "She's lucky she even got in. We had 21,000 apps for 2,000 spots." Too bad I can't get the incredibly snobby tone across in a post. This was after her 3 phone calls over a two week period were ignored. I guess with 21,000 apps they no longer need to "court" good students--only wealthy ones.</p>

<p>I got $16,000 annually:</p>

<p>4.0 Weighted
3.7 Unweighted
32 ACT
School does not rank</p>

<p>LOL zoot did they really have the nerve to say that? </p>

<p>Well was she able to get the 8k?</p>

<p>$24,000</p>

<p>3.96/4.98w
1450/2200
1/535</p>

<p>early admit (graduating junior year)</p>

<p>Just got my official letter! Admitted as a female chem major, so that may explain why I got money...</p>

<p>$24K
GPA (W): 4.31
GPA (UW): 3.68
ACT: 33
SAT: 1430/2180
Rank: School does not rank, just gives deciles (Top 10%)</p>

<p>11k per year.</p>

<p>1220, 3.68 unweighted, school does not rank.</p>

<p>I was surprised, but EXTREMELY happy!</p>

<p>$16K/year
GPA (W) 4.1
GPA(UW) really don't know but approx. 3.65
ACT:32
SAT:1440
Top 7%</p>

<p>So I got my acceptance package and no scholarship was there.
I have a 3.7 uw GPA with a 33 ACT on one sitting and 35 ACT when super scored.
My school doesn't do ranks
I have taken 7 AP tests and am taking 4 this year. I have great teacher recs</p>

<p>Will Miami be giving out scholarships later on as well?
Or am I just going to have to rely on financial aid package?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>also how can I find out the number of my regional counselor from Miami (I;m from KY).</p>

<p>$24,000 a year
GPA: 96.6/100 weighted, approximately a 90 unweighted
SATs: 1460/2180

<p>This was an awesome surprise- I was pretty sure I'd get in, but I thought I was a more likely candidate for either 11 or 16 thousand. Thanks, UMiami! :D</p>