scholarships?

<p>Has anyone received any news that they would receive a scholarship? (not students admitted to the honors program - I know they automatically get scholarships) but others?</p>

<p>I inquired about this and was told that aside from the honors program, there are no merit scholarships offered to incoming freshman. They instead choose to put those funds into the campus - for the benefit of all. They do offer scholarships for returning students (sophomore thru senior) through their foundation. You just need to fill out the scholarship application (which I have seen online) at the appropriate time, after freshman year.</p>

<p>My H was told during a visit that they offer scholarships only to Sophomore, juniors and seniors, because that way they know the students to whom they are giving the money, and since Geneseo is such a good value already, the money they could offer would'nt seem as good compared with other schools (i.e. $ full year tuition = less than half a year elsewhere) and that is hard for students to recognize. I do believe they offer scholarships to honors students first, so check into that if the scholarship is important to you for the following three years. One can apply to the honors program after attending for a year if not invited in as a freshman.</p>

<p>My daughter is finishing her sophomore year, is not in the honors program but does carry a 3.8 avaerage in the School of Business. </p>

<p>Monday she was notified that she will be receiving a $1,000 scholarship from the school for next year, which will be deducted from her tuition. </p>

<p>Oh, did I mention that she is also an R.A., so we do not pay for housing, and get a reduction in the meal plan.</p>

<p>:-)</p>