Scholorships

<p>Nothing in PA yet, but I also had an issue with my application (was in the RD pile instead of EA until 3 weeks ago).</p>

<p>I got a 24k scholarship with a 1980 on my sat 770m 590crit 620writ 4.0+ gpa and top 8%. I also got a 30 on my act. I was shocked, since I didnt really qualify.</p>

<p>accepted with 3/4 ($24000/yr) scholarship</p>

<p>101.4% W, 95% UW, 34 ACT</p>

<p>undecided about attending though</p>

<p>Still nothing here in PA.</p>

<p>From Kansas City; just got my packet today, 3/4 ($24k) scholarship.
sat 2100 or 1420, act 30
wgpa 4.44 uwgpa 3.92
top 7%
I was pleasantly surprised like the a lot of you guys. Not sure if I'll be going there though.</p>

<p>Finally got my letter.</p>

<p>$24,000/year. 4.5/3.95 GPA, 34 ACT, 11/512 rank, etc.</p>

<p>Don't think I'll be attending.</p>

<p>No letter in Cleveland yet. I called the admissions office today and they told me that they would be sending out another batch of letters next week. They also said that if we didn't hear anything by Friday, we should call again and they would check to see what had happened to our letter.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I got a 24k scholarship with a 1980 on my sat 770m 590crit 620writ 4.0+ gpa and top 8%. I also got a 30 on my act. I was shocked, since I didnt really qualify.

[/quote]

My D got a $24k award also, that she did not qualify for. She was way over the requirement on one factor, but way under on the other. </p>

<p>What I am seeing from the posts here is that the minimum requirements are very loosely applied, and there is a big unknown factor at work based on how much they really want you due to other features of your application or background.</p>

<p>Texas, Kansas City, Chicago....I see some 'geographic diversity' luring.</p>

<p>Could be. The story here in Texas is that it is almost impossible for us to get in, or get decent aid to go, to Rice. They already have plenty of bright well rounded kids from Texas. From South Florida, however ...</p>

<p>My D was VERY happy to accept her 3/4 scholarship last year, and she is a VERY happy freshman. Don't forget that these are merit scholarships, not dependent on financial need, and that the 3/4 means that as tuition increases (and it most certainly will) your scholarship will too.</p>

<p>Hmmm, my d was "only" awarded 11 K scholarship with 30 ACT (combined sittings), top 5 %, weighted GPA 4.33, u/w 3.8, AP scholar, leadership, great interview, recs etc.. etc..</p>

<p>seems like many of those above received more with similar stats...</p>

<p>and we're from CA so geo diversity didn't help</p>

<p>i got an 11 thousand a year, 3.1 uw, 3.8w, 1390 SATs early decision though, to the business school</p>

<p>Are you guys talking about 11K in GRANTS, or 11K in scholarships? Just curious. I know there is an 11K scholarship (the Trustee Scholarship), but last year a lot of kids I knew (including myself) only received 11K in grants from financial aid. I think it would be beneficial towards future applicants if we found out that the need-based aid was capped at 11K.</p>

<p>i got 11K in scholarship....the Trustee Scholarship</p>