School of Business

<p>From what I have been reading its my understanding that 50-60% percent of applicants are accepted to the UW Madison School of Business. Obviously alot of bright students go to this school so it seems to be very challenging to be accepted to their business school. Does this mean if I go to Madison with the intent to major in business and I am not admitted to the Business School my sopmore year, does this mean it was a waste to come to the school and i cannot get my intended major?</p>

<p>Not really a waste. I'm a freshmen here and I thought the same thing before comming to this school, but I did. You are right, the school of business is competitve to get into, make sure you do well on ur pre-business requirements and you will be fine. To give you an idea, the average gpa of those admitted is around 3.4-3.6 although I've heard people with less get in. </p>

<p>Also, I'm not 100% sure of this, but there is a Business Minor or Certificate program that can be completed alongside another major. So even if you dont get in, majoring in something like Economics or Retailing with a minor in Business wont set you back at all.</p>