School Orchestra count as extracurricular?

<p>Does my school sponsored Orchestra count as an extracurricular? Even though we have classes everyday we still go “out of school” to performances, rehearsals, and concerts? </p>

<p>I’ve been playing violin for approximately 8 years…</p>

<p>I would say yes!</p>

<p>are you sure? because I don’t have much extracurriculars so I might put this down.</p>

<p>I think it is pretty clear cut. Why do you think it should not be?</p>

<p>Is it on your report card?</p>

<p>sure put it down, but it won’t help much bcos UC knows that a VAPA course is associated with it. Now, if you were first Chair, a leader…</p>

<p>If it is a school course but not a-g, you should put it in non a-g section. So that you can add more stuff in EC.</p>

<p>No the thing is that it is part of the A-G requirements. But like I said we go out to many concerts/Disneyland and perform. Would that be an extracurricular. Have been playing since I was 5th Grade if that matters at all?</p>

<p>If it is an a-g, you already listed on your academic history. What you can do is to list “Took Violin Lesson and practiced violin x hours a week since 5th grade” in your EC.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>seconded it… it makes more sense…you dont want to restate things on the application so twist the words around, but give it a similar meaning, like the above poster did</p>

<p>what if did not have lessons but just practiced by myself. The thing is I see others put marching band as an extracurricular and wonder if i should put orchestra?</p>

<p>marching band is not an ec, it is a non a-g course, it is on your school report card.
I myself in marching bad, performed in various parades, and spent a lot of time… but it is a non a-g.</p>

<p>if you see someone put marching band as an ec, it is worng.</p>

<p>so should i put orchestra as an extracurricular or not? im confused?</p>

<p>So if I post something under non a-g courses, can the leadership still count? I’m an editor for our newspaper…</p>

<p>I put “marching band (4 years)” under non a-g. I describe we perfom in various parades and I am one of the section leaders in my 12th grade.</p>

<p>@longcat93… the principal should be if it is on your report card, regardless what it is, it should be in academic history. If it is no credit, then it can be else where.</p>

<p>There is one section called additional comments in academic history. You can also put something you want to say about the courses you reported.</p>