School transcript waived?

For a month now my daughters school transcripts have been showing on the site as “awaiting”. I called the admissions office a number of times and they assured me the transcripts had been received and were being processed but the system just wasn’t updating correctly. Yesterday when I called, they said her transcripts had now been waived and sure enough, that’s what the site says this morning. Anyone know what that means? Thx!!!

@simple0920, from the U of A admissions site:

“We do not require official transcripts for an admission decision. Students can submit self-reported grades on the application. Students will be required to submit final official transcripts in order to verify the self-reported grades and courses in progress.”

@kcheves thx but that doesn’t answer my question. Her official transcripts were sent and confirmed as received. So why would would they now be waived? Just wondering if anyone else has this as their status. Btw I did ask the admissions rep but she said she wasn’t sure what the waived status meant.

Similar story here. Did you use the Common App?

Yes. One day after the change to “waived” she was accepted. Hopefully you’ll see the same!

My DD is already accepted. She just submitted her honors essays last night!

There is definitely something off with their common app integration as it took us a couple phone calls to get things straight, too.