Schools in the 24-29% acceptance rate range (Wake, Skidmore, Lafayette, Colgate, Villanova)

When I said interviews were not available for RD for the past two years, I was referring to 2026 and 2027 application cycles. Your child having an interview for the 2025 cycle does not make my statement “wrong.”

yikes. alright then.

1 Like

I had no idea it was as high as 75% full pay. Wow. No wonder Wake has a “country club” reputation. I bet there is a strong correlation between sports participation and aid for a good chunk of the remaining 25%.

As much as I liked Wake, my son wants a diverse school - not one with a prep school feel. BTDT for middle school and he couldn’t wait to get out!

3 Likes

Deleted by author off topic.

1 Like

D23 (2027)had an interview. So did D21(2025). Both applied RD, both got in .
Interviews were available both years. @homerdog is correct RD interviews were available this year, just like when theirs applied, it just worked differently.
The differences as far as we can tell:
with 2021 grads, they could request an interview BEFORE they applied, and get it done. However, many of these kids did not end up applying in the end, so it was “wasted” effort on the interviewers’ part. D21 signed up and interviewed in the summer, applied by the consider-for scholarship deadline(I forget if it was by Dec 1st or in Nov that yr). They ran out of slots for the later-RD applicants.
This application season(and maybe 2026), the interviews were only available after the application was submitted, in order to save the spots for actual applicants, so the kids had to sign up/request right after they applied, and yes that means they had to apply early, but they were clear at the admissions session/tour day (summer) not to delay applying if you wanted an interview to be part of your application. Ours is a performing artist so was applying early for Presidential Arts anyway. She applied in early November and got one. It seems slots filled up sometime in December BUT for those who did not get one they could do the optional video. Kids who interviewed did not get the video option.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what years you are talking about as RD has not yet come out for 2027. Do you mean to talk about an earlier year or ED for 2027? This fall, interview slots were all full by mid October, this is what my student as well as several classmates were told, all of whom applied early or filed early for RD. If your daughter got one in November, she was an exception, perhaps because she was a scholarship or performing arts applicant?

1 Like

She is already accepted RD 2027 as a signature scholar finalist. I doubled checked the dates: she submitted the common app in near the end ofOctober, signed up for an interview right way, but didn’t submit all the presidential materials until early November. So it was indeed late October when she submitted the actual application and was able to sign up for an interview. We know students who had interviews after her but they may have signed up earlier. Apologies.

Congratulations to your daughter!

1 Like

I think a lot of “elite” private schools draw over 60% of full pay students. Some are not scrutinized as heavily as others.

2 Likes