Schools similar to Lehigh, Elon, Denver

Throwing this one out there for size, beautiful area, skiing and laid back feel. Northern Michigan University in Marquette Michigan. I think the only thing she’d have to consider is that it would be far from internships.

3 Likes

D23 Accepted to Providence. It was our second tour we toured Brown before Providence. Love Providence as a city but not in the same nice walkable area as Brown. Honestly, it seemed more Catholic than many of the the other Catholic colleges we toured and we are Catholic. It isn’t a Jesuit school I’m forgetting the order right now. You will see the Friars walking around the campus (we saw more than I thought we would) and the religious aspect was stressed on the tour more so than other Catholic colleges we toured. Again, D23 is Catholic so it didn’t bother her. I could see College of the Holy Cross as a better fit for your D24 and that is a Jesuit school. Located in Worcester, MA about an hour from Boston. D23 was waitlisted but we are local and that has become a tough admit for locals. If you are from CA that will increase your chances as they are actively looking for geographic diversity. Wachusett Mountain is 30 minutes away but NH and Vermont are not too far from central Massachusetts. D23 was also accepted to UNH we stopped by the campus in the summer. Cute little town and beautiful campus. I would say it is about 1:15-1:30 from Boston but I don’t know how easy it would be to get there. D23 has similar stats to your D24 and wants to study political science and was accepted in the honors college at UNH. If you check out College of the Holy Cross also check Clark University in Worcester. D23 also accepted there with a great merit scholarship.

3 Likes

Providence College is a Dominican college

1 Like

Thanks! Couldn’t remember the order.

1 Like

mis post

Unh to Boston via train

2 Likes

Great feedback thank you! I’m getting more excited about UNH. And will cross Providence off the list, wouldn’t be a fit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.