Schools that don't allow you change majors?

<p>I've read and have been told that if you're accepted into Mays or Architecture you can't change your major after...or something like that? </p>

<p>For example, if I got accepted in Accounting...and later on I wanna switch via AIS to another major like Physics (and it's not full) could I? </p>

<p>Sorry maybe I understood incorrectly or got misinformed. </p>

<p>Any clarification would be great! </p>

<p>Thank you. :)</p>

<p>I recommend sending an e-mail to an adviser in the departments you are questioning switching from/to. I think in some cases what you have heard would be absolutely correct. I think it would have not as much to do with the major you are switching from as it does the major you are switching to. Mays to Engineering may not be quite as doable in this circumstance as say Mays to Science. But the best thing you can do is talk to some advisers and get their input. </p>

<p>And if you are seriously contemplating Physics as a major, then please please please message me. I am currently a junior in that department, and there would be things that one should know before they enter that major. But seeing as your other threads say IE, I am assuming your example here was hypothetical.</p>

<p>Oh to add, this switch is before the first year even starts, so in other words, senior year of high school (in my case).
Physics seems interesting, I’m not totally up for it since I have not researched about it, yet. I’m just looking to see what majors I can use as a back up AND I could switch to IE via AIS as soon as possible.</p>

<p>sorry for a double post! i can’t edit my last post…haha.</p>

<p>clarify:
so, i send my application in August, i get accepted to Accounting. Later the year while people are still applying, let’s say in October, I want to change my major into Computer Engineering via AIS, it WOULDN’T be possible? Even though there is room in the other major? :confused: </p>

<p>I thought you could change into any major as long as there is room in it??</p>

<p>I’m not sure the switch would be immediate, but once they looked to make sure your SAT Math score met the minimum requirement for Engineering you could probably do it. I don’t think the switch will take one day, but it could probably be done.</p>

<p>But why not just originally apply for engineering if that is what you want to do? Is there worry that you wouldn’t get in to engineering and want to make sure you at least get accounting?</p>

<p>That’s fine, as long as it’s possible to do so. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>&Yes, exactly. haha. It’s my second choice.</p>