science department

<p>I'm a senior and I'm considering applying here. But I was just curious about how good the science department in U of W-Madison was. I want to go to med school in the future, so it's really important for me that the university has a good, solid science major. Can anyone help me?</p>

<p>UW is excellent in many different areas of science including chemistry, botany, zoology, geology and meteorology. You also don’t have to major in a science field to get accepted to medical school. You do need to complete the premed requirements, but you can major in anything.</p>

<p>Not to mention biochem, genetics, microbio, bact, and about any other life science there is.</p>

<p>There is no “science department” at UW- there are many departments covering most, if not all, scientific disciplines (and a history of science dept as well). Premed is an intention, not a major. Most colleges will offer good science courses to prepare you for medical school, assuming you do well in them many schools will meet your needs. You can also major in anything you choose as long as you meet the prerequisites, most medical students will choose one of many science majors as they like those best and there is more overlap in meeting medical school and major requirements. </p>

<p>Also, any university with a medical school will have good undergraduate programs to fit the needs of premed students. Look at colleges that interest you and fit what you want for the next 4 years, you will do your best work at a school you are happy with.</p>