Science Major? UC Chances? Will Chance Back!

<p>Can anyone chance me for the UCs (UCSD, UCI, UCSB, UCD)</p>

<p>SAT = 1940 (CR 550 W 710 M 680)
Unweighted GPA = 3.67
(AP Calc B, AP Physics B, AP Bio)</p>

<p>SAT Math 2 = 670
SAT Biology = 650</p>

<p>I know these aren’t the best scores but do I even have a chance if I apply to BioPhysics/ Biology/ Chemistry/ or Public Health?</p>

<p>I was originally thinking about applying to the impacted engineering programs but I know I’m not cut out for that. </p>

<p>All the science majors are non impacted at all the UCs. Does this mean I have a decent shot at getting into the UCs given my GPA and SAT if I apply to these majors?</p>

<p>Is it easier to get in if I apply as a hard science (non impacted) major with my stats?</p>

<p>SAT = 1990 (CR 590 W 690 M 710)
Unweighted GPA = 3.87
Weighted GPA = 4.08
AP CALC AB, AP ENVIRONMENTAL, AP ENVIRONMENTAL, AP US HIST, AP LANG</p>

<p>SAT MATH 2: 760</p>

<p>AP BIO TEST = 3</p>

<p>I have the same concerns as you.</p>

<p>Plus I got C’s in ap bio and bio honors but im applying as biochem. Use alternate major option to bypass this just incase</p>

<p>Do the UCs even look at the alternate major option? Or do they just look at your first choice?</p>

<p>theyl ook at both equally. if you arent as fit for your first option and they feel you would be better in your second they will give you your second. basically a second chance to get into the school :)</p>

<p>quadra checked this. 100% correct answer</p>

<p>Don’t know about your chances, but my understanding is that UCSD doesn’t take major into account when admitting students into the school. They admit you into the university first, and then admit you to the major/college. If you apply for an impacted major, then they’ll admit you to your second choice major or put you as undecided. I highly doubt they have the time or inclination to assess “fit” with regards to major (unless the major’s impacted, in which case it’s based on your stats, I believe), especially when it only takes a couple clicks on the internet to change to any non-impacted major at UCSD.</p>

<p>Different UCs may do things differently, but I wouldn’t worry too much about major when applying to UCSD. I remember when biology was impacted at UCSD, it used to be easier to get in to the major as a freshman than as a continuing undergraduate.</p>