Science Writing Programs?

<p>Hi! I'm currently a second-year physics major in college (UCLA), who is very interested in pursuing science writing as a career. It sounds unusual at first to be a physics major and go into writing later, but a lot of science writers started out as science majors in their undergrad years. So far, I think i'm on the right track...</p>

<p>I've been working for my school newspaper, the Daily Bruin, for almost a year now. I plan to join one of our undergraduate research journals as an editor next year, and I'm also doing research with a professor in the physics department. I've also had an internship at the Smithsonian last summer, doing some publications work for one of their organizations. </p>

<p>Is anyone here familiar with science writing programs at universities? I know of a few really good programs (NYU's Jschool has one i think), but I want to look at other programs as well that may not be as famous...</p>

<p>And along that note, has anyone here had a science-writing related internship experience they could share with me? I've applied to so many earlier this year and didn't get any of them... it was pretty disappointing! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Thanks guys!</p>

<p>I’ve heard of various writing certificates that you can in various fields, including medical and scientific writing.</p>