Scranton Nursing

<p>I applied early action to scranton school of nursing and when all my friends were getting their acceptances (not for nursing) I called. I was told a few science majors weren't being released yet and I would receive my letter in the first weeks of January. I didn't think anything of it- until I started seeing a few people saying they were accepted. Should I be concerned? </p>

<p>I don't understand how I could not have gotten in.
2030 SAT
94+ gpa
Many ecs
Great essay-about what inspired me to want to become a nurse
Good letters of rec</p>

<p>Don’t be worried! I was accepted with a 3.53 W gpa, 2000 sat, applied 11/7, and heard back in the second week of december!</p>

<p>I applied early action for nursing and I got my letter the 17th. You should definitely get accepted though I had way lower stats than you and I got in.</p>

<p>Check your application to make sure you applied EA and that everything was complete and the app was downloaded. (you can see this on common app right now by logging in) Their regular decision deadline is 3/1/2013. If you applied EA and everything is there, I would call as soon as admissions opens and ask why you have not heard, because your stats would get you in unless you applied reg decision or something is missing. If for some reason it shows regular decision on your common app, they are waiting until all EA offers are mailed out to consider the rest of the regular decision apps. They do not have to wait until 3/1/13 if they want you after all EAs are decided. One college my D applied to called to say they were missing her essay, when we asked how that could possible since it was a common application and it was uploaded, they checked and said, ooooops, we goofed…it WAS there! She was accepted recently. Keep the faith…they would be crazy not to want you!</p>

<p>no on the common app it says I applied early.
When i called originally right after the woman on the phone said that my decision would be mailed in the first weeks of January I said but I applied early right? and she confirmed that this was correct and that they had all parts of my application.</p>

<p>I’m very confused</p>

<p>If your deadline was 1/1/13, then you can be notified anytime after 1/1/13, which would be the mid January as you were told. You are probably fine, but you could call or email your admissions counselor and double check tomorrow. Someone may be checking admissions email and messages. I do not want to get your hopes up, but they may be looking at your application for possible merit aid from the total applicant pool received by January 1, which could be why they are holding up on your acceptance. They may want to include merit amount with your letter. Maybe? One could hope! Double check your app with them, so you can relax.</p>

<p>Hi I just wanted to update that I received an envelope in the mail this afternoon- I was accepted with $17,000 scholarship. Thank god! Now that’s one less school I’m stressing about.</p>

<p>Congrats…my D got same letter today!</p>

<p>Just keep in mind that U. Scranton has unusually high food and housing expenses, and I believe they make most students live on campus for 2 or 3 years.</p>