Screwed 4 life?

<p>OK in my application under EC
i put i was involved for chess club in 11,12 th grade
but i did community service for that club from 9-12 grades and i am still continuing</p>

<p>since i wasnt involved in the club in 9,10 th grade will this raise an eyebrow?</p>

<p>Depends. If either of those entries is false AND if you are one of the fraction of applicants that is asked to provide proof for your application facts, then you are screwed. Similarly, if you are admitted but somehow hard evidence arises during your time at the UC which shows you lied in the application, then you are likely to be dismissed. </p>

<p>If it is just, as you stated, that you did community service more years than you a member of the club, then your submissions are truthful in spite of their unusual characteristic, so nothing to worry about. </p>

<p>In addition to audits that are aimed at a fraction of applicants, some smaller number can be asked for supplemental information but those don't appear to be fact-checking, rather they are for candidates the campus consideers to be 'on the line' between admission and rejection and the additional information requested helps them make the decision. </p>

<p>Also the majority of applicants are judged solely on what they entered with the facts never cross checked. Thus, it is way too early in any case to decide if you are screwed 4 life.</p>

<p>Its not that I am worried cuz I can provide evidence for my C.Service by asking the prez of the club for a letter but I thought What if</p>

<p>A sure sign you have too much time -- you nitpick your own actions. Don't over think it. Chill.</p>

<p>I think the fact that you did community service for a chess club is bizarre enough within itself and will raise eyebrows.</p>

<p>Teaching kids (3rd and 4th graders)how to play chess at the local library is not going to count as community service?</p>

<p>It's not a big deal. My friend completely fabricated that he spent his summer interning with a dentist AND a paleontologist in China. Now he'd have been screwed if the UC's found out. You're fine. They won't care.</p>

<p>If anything it'll just be a simple misunderstanding.</p>