Scripps Class of 2027 Official Thread

Daughter admitted — very happy with this one! However, it’s probably not affordable since she didn’t win one of the limited scholarships. Too bad as it would be a wonderful school for her, but she has lots of good choices.

1 Like

We are in the same boat…disappointed since we just can’t swing the $62,000 left after the grant is applied…oh well…she has some good other options. However, she loved Scripps and was so excited to be accepted!

That part is hard, telling them it’s just too much $ — but it’s so validating to get in, and that’s something! Wishing you the best luck as you all work to decide.

1 Like

Has anyone received merit offers yet?

I haven’t, but I assumed I just hadn’t gotten any merit. Maybe they’re still coming?

None here…I figured all we were getting was financial aid amount in the letter. They lowered the cost to our EFC…which isn’t going to be enough. My daughter LOVES Scripps…wish we could make it work.

1 Like

My daughter talked to Scripps…all merit awards have been given out.

Does anyone here know why the Scripps President stepped down yesterday, effective immediately?!

1 Like

Wow. That’s a bit concerning. I’ll have to ask my friend who has a daughter there. My daughter didn’t get merit either, and even with the fairly generous (compared to what we have been offered anywhere else) need based aid, it’s still just so much $$$

1 Like

@GoldRush2, do you mind reporting here what you find out from your friend? My daughter also received generous need-based aid, but no merit. She really loves Scripps.

3 Likes

I will for sure!

3 Likes