Scrubbing In

<p>Just had an opportunity to watch a few of the Scrubbing In shows. Pittsburgh newspapers had mentioned the show and the controversy about it a few months ago, but haven't followed up. Supposedly a group of the nurses are from Pittsburgh, which made me curious about which schools get to claim these traveling nurses as their graduates. Has anyone found bios which identify where they earned their degrees?</p>

<p>The show is a weird mix of 10% nursing (hard to imagine how the patients agreed to be filmed) and 90% MTV partying/reality show. I'm going to try to get D to watch some shows with me -- looking forward to her perspective!</p>

<p>Competent sensible, calm, professional people make boring reality tv subjects. </p>

<p>Can I recommend the UK series; ‘24 Hours in A&E’ (emergency room), ‘One Born Every Minute’ (maternity ward) and ‘Your life in Their Hands’ (1st and 2nd year medical interns) if you can find them on youtube. They’re British and the staff involved are (mostly) excellent role models.</p>

<p>Thank you for the suggestions! My kids will definitely hunt them down!</p>