SDSU 2026 Roommate finder & open house 4/10

Just curious about how the new students go about finding and committing to a room mate.

My D said there is an Instagram SDSU2026 account, but I can image that gets overwhelming with an incoming class of thousands and many of the students are saying they are admitted but not committed.

Lastly, if your D or S is committing to SDSU, are you attending the Open house in March?

Thanks & Happy New Year

The Instagram page is actually a small fraction of the admitted students. I know some people find their roommates that way or they meet roommates on the Patio app. Lots of students just go random, my daughter had success that way and has become such good friends with one of her roommates that they are living together again next year. She didn’t like using social media to try and find a roommate. There will also be a separate Instagram page for the honors college admits as well.

My son also went random and found some good roommates. She can also try the official Facebook page for Class of 2026.

Unfortunately SDSU doesn’t have an “official” FB page for the Class of 2026. The pages that list themselves as “official” are run by 3rd party businesses that are not affiliated with SDSU. I would be cautious about posting personal information on those pages. It looks like SDSU does administer an official FB page for parents and family.

2 Likes

My D is still deciding, but I worry about the roommate thing as well. She wants to have fun, meet a lot of people, but does not want party animal roommates :)) We are touring in person from OC this week and when she makes a decision we will go to open house as well.

1 Like