SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

I havent received any update from SDSU nursing although three people from my school got accepted yesterday. Is this a bad sign?

My daughter is still pending for this major also

My D was accepted tonight .
Major-psychology
In state
SAT-1180
GPA 4.0 /4.17

Note -I received an email from the financial aid office before she got her acceptance email . It said “ you are the parent of a sdsu student (not applicant) who has applied for financial aid “ :relaxed:

do all acceptances for a particular major get released at once or is it just random?

Still pending for Psychology. Anyone else waiting for psychology?

@Panda_XD: Admissions are random and rolling probably through the next week or more.

Accepted
Major- Business (finance)
4500 EI
In-State

Daughter Admitted on Monday
CSU GPA: 4.1
Sat: 1130
Major: Pre-Journalism Media Studies
In state (non-local)

hi @Gumbymom I was wondering if you know if we receive admission packages? Thanks!

hi all, I was admitted to SDSU not long ago (yay!!). Does anyone know if we will be receiving acceptance letters/packages via snail mail? thank you!

@Kim2001 and @lucidtina: Unless things have changed from 4 years ago when my son was accepted, no he did not get an acceptance package in the mail. Once he enrolled as an Aztec, then he got information about SDSU in the snail mail.

@kim2001 and @lucidtina I am OOS, not sure if that makes a difference, but did receive an acceptance letter/marketing package via snail mail, but I want to say it was 2-3 weeks after being notified via portal.

New to CC. Looks like few acceptances last 2 days besides nursing. I assume the mass acceptances are done. Should more mass acceptances be rolling through based on last year’s timeline? My D did Asian studies and I have yet to see a post for that major in 2022 or 2023 thread.

Hi @SBmom1989 and welcome! The link below is for last years admits to SDSU by major. Asian Studies is a smaller major and acceptances may not be all out yet. They admitted 18 of the 65 freshman that applied last year. By comparison nursing had 5645 applicants and 334 admitted. Because it is a smaller major the amount of people on CC might be small as well.

https://asir.sdsu.edu/applications-by-major/

Thank you, very helpful. Clearly Inter Studies at 14 apps and 14 admits would have been the way to go if not set on a major.

Hi everyone. I Was wondering if all the ba communication studies were out. SDSU is my top in state school and I haven’t teally seen anyone who has been accepted to Communications yet but I just wanted to sure

@Gumbymom Thanks for all your helpful information! Acceptances have been quiet the last couple of days. Do you believe most acceptances are done?

Until we start seeing waitlist postings on this thread, I would assume acceptances will still be rolling out. Good luck everyone!

@leliza21 There was one acceptance so far on CC that I have seen for SDSU communications see below

post #366
3-5-19 accepted
male
3.7 UW
ACT 30
Communications

I agree with @CSUdream that until waitlist and denials start posting, acceptances should still be rolling out. Compared to the last several years, not many acceptances have been posted on CC so far considering the amount of applicants and the # of admits they usually accept.