SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

Accepted from Massachusetts!! We couldn’t find the financial aid information, does anyone know if that is released later?

Yup! In state should be later tonight or tomorrow!!! Congrats to the OOS acceptees!

CSU GPA: 4.33
ACT: 33
In-State San Diego
Major: Biology

I just got my decision today, I got early admission!

my daughter was accepted! OOS, Women’s Studies, 4820 EI. good luck to everyone!!!

My daughter was accepted for Business Administration with roughly 3.7 weighted GPA and 1160 SAT. We are from Washington State. I understand that only OOS and high stats applicants are receiving feedback at this point.

@greta2000: As an OOS student, SDSU offers little to no financial aid. You might qualify for the Weber Honors college scholarship but expect to pay full fees at around $40K/year.

@JBSeattle: Is the 3.7 GPA the capped weighted CSU GPA?

No it is my estimated weighted GPA. She has a 3.5 unweighted with lots of AP.

@Gumbymom
Her school does not weight GPAs.

@Gumbymom that’s depressing :slightly_frowning_face:

@JBSeattle: I am trying to determine her Eligibility index since I have been collecting data for several years now. The CSU’s/UC’s use only 10-11th grades in the a-g course requirements and cap the weighting with 8 semesters of honors points for AP and IB classes. So 1 semester AP class= 1 honors point.

If possible, could you plug in her data into the UC GPA calculator and post her Capped weighted UC GPA= CSU capped weighted GPA. This GPA and her test scores is the basis for admission to all the Cal states except SLO. Her OOS EI will help future OOS students gauge their chances at SDSU.

Thank you: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

portal is down rn

@greta2000: Didn’t you run the Net Price calculator on the schools you applied to determine if they were affordable?

https://admissions.sdsu.edu/about_sdsu/costs_of_attendance

Washington may be part of the WUE (Western xxxxx Exchange) where neighboring state students almost get in state costs.

No, San Diego St. is not part of WUE. I wish but it isn’t! Several CSU’s are part of it though. Of course my daughter isn’t applying to any of those!

of course! dang kids!

@Gumbymom
My daughter told me her CSU GPA was 3.65. Unsure if that is accurate. I don’t have her transcript/know her grades well enough to know if that is correct.

We know it is going to be about $40K per year. It is at the top of our budget and would require her to work. Unsure if she would be willing to do that at SDSU. She would do it for sure if she were admitted to Cal Poly as that is maybe her first choice.

@JBSeattle: If you do find out her CSU GPA please update. Cal Poly SLO’s GPA calculation is different than the rest of the CSU’s since they use 9-11th grades. Best of luck to her.

Admitted today. OOS.
Don’t know the index score.
GPA 3.69 non-weighted (2 AP classes)
SAT 1320
Biology