SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

Got accepted early!
California resident
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 4.5
SAT Score: 1400 (I only took it once because I have so much testing anxiety)
Major: I think it was biology or biochemistry idek

@Gumbymom my son shared his acceptance with a screenshot of the email and text it to me. He didn’t watch the video yet as he’s been away and super busy. Is the video the invitation to Weber Honors College? Does anyone know? I text my son but he’s in a place where he can’t get to viewing it.

@CALSmom: If he received the video, it is an invitation to apply to the Weber Honors college. If he is interested, then he should apply before the January 15th deadline since the priority applicants get first chance at the Weber Honors college scholarships. Although the Honors college application is open to all applicants, the high stat applicants will get the video invite.

D accepted 12/14 with invitation to Webers
SAT 1410 GPA 4.15 UC weighted and capped (not sure about CSU calc)
IS
Pre-Liberal Studies Elementary Ed
She’s ecstatic and so surprised to get this A early. This is her second choice next to UCSB

@Last1Done: The UC capped weighted= CSU GPA so congratulations to your daughter.

Accepted! via email w/ invitation to Webers :slight_smile:

4.22 CSU GPA
1410 SAT
Major: Undeclared
In-State

Daughter got accepted yesterday to Fowler College of Business

ACT - 33
UW GPA - 4.0
Weighted GPA 4.9 (Do not Know CSU GPA)
In state

Son accepted yesterday
In state
Computer science
Weighted GPA 4.35
SAT 1500

Accepted yesterday!
CSU GPA: 4.04
SAT: 1340
ACT: 31
In-state (Sacramento)
Major: Business Administration

Son accepted on 12/13 via email
In state
GPA: 4.2
SAT:1480
Aerospace Engineering
Invitation to apply to Weber Honors College

CSU GPA: 4.58

@1mo1bo: The highest CSU GPA obtainable is a 4.4. If you got a 4.58, you did something wrong although the CSU GPA calculator somehow calculates beyond the 4.4. Make sure you put the correct # of semester grades into the calculation and use only 10-11th grades for the a-g courses.

accepted yesterday!

Intended Major: Marketing (i think)
ACT: 31
SAT II: 770 math II/670 physics/720 Spanish
Unweighted GPA: 3.64
Weighted GPA: 3.85
UC/CSU GPA: 4.1

Accepted!

Major: Business Administration i think
SAT: 1520
PSAT: 750 Bio/800 Math II
UW Gpa: 3.92
Weighted Gpa: 4.2

Accepted!
In State

Major: Statistics
ACT: 35
UW GPA: 4.0
CSU GPA: 4.2

My El is 4546, and I know people who have applied the same major as me who got accepted, even though their scores were lower. However, I didn’t send in my official sat scores or my dual enrollment college transcript. Does that affect early admission?

@Kim2001: You are required to send your official SAT scores if you want an admissions decision but your DE college transcript is not necessary until you are admitted and enrolled. Also SDSU only accepts up to the November SAT sitting.

Does anyone know if they’re done with the early admission decisions? How does that traditionally work do they admit for a while or just a couple of days and then stop till March?

DD
UW 4.0
W 4.45
CSU GPA said 4.44 on her CSU app but I’ve read that 4.4 is max)
SAT 1270
EI 4790 (using 4.4)
Public Health
Local San Diego

The whole college application process is so stressful. Anyone know if she has a good chance? It sure would be nice to be told early.

Can someone chance me for the Webber Honors College? I am an OOS student and I was recently admitted in the first wave.

CSU GPA: 4.4
ACT:31
Tons of extracurricular activities with leadership positions
pretty strong essay!
lots of volunteering and internships

Someone chance me pls!
In state
Major: Business admin
CSU GPA: 3.77
SAT: 1530
El: 4546
Lots of classes related to my major and took online college courses