SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

I didn’t get an email that my admission status was updated but when I went on my portal it says I got in. Will I also receive an email?

can I ask when your portal was updated? Also I heard that some people’s portals were updated but they didn’t receive an email until later. Or maybe check your spam?

@Kim2001 It says my portal was updated on the 13th.

A lot of people I know got into SDSU last Friday. I didn’t get an email and my portal still says my decision is pending however I’ve heard of many people getting in with lower test scores and lower EIs than me.
I have:
4.13 CSU GPA
1320 SAT
4624 EI

I was wondering if it’s strange I didn’t get in compared to people I know with around 4300 EIs and D’s in classes?
I applied under political science. Could that have something to do with it?

I had the same question too, although my el is 4546. A lot of my friends got accepted to the same major as me (business admin) but they have lower els? I don’t know if that’s because i didn’t send in my official sat scores.

Have any of the early acceptances been Kinesiology majors?

@Kim2001: You need to send in your official SAT scores or your application will not be reviewed.

My son was accepted and invited to Honors College a couple days ago.

CSU GPA - 4.23
SAT - 1450
EI - 4834
Computer Science

Washington is not part of WUE. At least it wasn’t when my daughter applied 2 years ago. Generally only schools with not so competitive admissions are in WUE. Schools that have the luxury of being selective don’t have much incentive to offer discounts on tuition.

Can someone Chance me Please!!!

CSU GPA: 4.09
SAT: 1290
In State (Not Local)
EI: 4562
Major: Biology

@co2019man: You look competitive for SDSU. Best of luck.

My son applied for SDSU on December 15th. Didn’t know SDSU has early action process.

His UC A-G GPA is 3.58 and he took Economics from Community College with GPA 4.0. On his HS transcript, (in-state HS) Weighted 10-12 A-G GPA is 3.61 (considering his Economic class from Community College). However, on his CSU app, GPA is showing up 3.25 for high school classes. Anyone knows why it is so?

His SAT Superscore is 1460. What’s his chance of getting admitted into SDSU for Business Admin - Information System major?

@DAD-2023: I know last year, the Cal State apply calculated CSU GPA had some glitches and many applicants stated they had incorrect GPA’s listed. I like to use the UC GPA calculator where the Capped weighted UC GPA= CSU GPA. You could try it to see if you get similar results.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

SDSU admits by eligibility index and major so first you need the correct CSU GPA. Then plug it into the following formula: (CSU GPA x800) + (SAT Math + EBRW). An EI of 4300+ can be competitive, but he will be compared to all Business Admin applicants and ranked based on his EI.

@ Gumbymom, his UC Weighted GPA is 3.50 as per the calculator and Weighted and Capped GPA is 3.19. Do you know which one CSU counts? I’m not including his college class here.

Also, if the GPA is incorrect in CSU APP, are they going to recalculate while determining eligibility index or same GPA will be used?

@DAD-2023: The UC capped weighted = CSU GPA. The UC Fully weighted is the GPA considered only by the UC”s not CSU’s since they cap the extra honors points at 8 semesters or 4 year long weighted courses in 10-11th grades.

If his college class is a transferable a-g course and it is a semester long course, then you need to include that grade twice for the CSU GPA calculation.

@Kim2001 Make sure to send in your official test scores immediately! They won’t accept your application as complete until you do that.

Am I considered competitive for business administration if my el is 4546? I also have my stats on the previous page. I’m deciding if I want to apply to other colleges in case I don’t get accepted to SDSU

@Kim2001 As @Gumbymom and other people have mentioned…SDSU will not consider your application until you send in your SAT scores. Did you do that yet? And you should probably apply to other schools anyway because you can just never be 100% sure a school will accept you.

yes, I submitted my scores, but they said it won’t be processed for another week.

@Kim2001 that’s good then, hopefully they will receive your scores before the end December deadline, but this probably means you will not hear back from them until March/April along with everyone else. It is too late now to apply to other CSU’s though but you can apply to some other schools that have later application deadlines.