SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

My son was admitted last week.
In state
GPA: 4.2ish
SAT: 1280
ACT: 29
Major: Computer Engineering

Also admitted to UNR and CSUS

Has anyone NOT received an email with Portal Login instructions? My D has not, so she cannot check her status. Applied 11/25/18. She has received one for all other CSU’s she applied to.

Had really hoped there was going to be another early wave of early admissions this week ?.

@alohalivin my daughter checked she got an email with her Red ID and instructions to log on the day after she applied (which was around 11/28).

Happy Holidays to all.

I got accepted to SDSU Dec 13! Too bad I am out of state and have an EFC that is too high for finaid. Darn middle-class.

Same situation @zozaoberle .
My D has an instate option which is $17k per year cheaper and a scholarship to a private which is going to be at least $12k less per year and perhaps $22k if she gets an additional scholarship.
Always nice to have an option though, even if it is expensive.

We love that OOS funding, but appreciate being able to have spots for our kids for whom we pay A LOT of tax to fund these wonderful schools. Good luck with your choices!

@Last1Done always a hot topic. Here is an interesting article on the topic. Most of the article is about UC’s but states at the end “The admissions story is largely the same for students wanting to attend California State University (CSU). ” My daughter has several friends with some very high stats who weren’t admitted last year and found in the 2022 blog OOS students posting lower stats/same major that were admitted. It’s frustrating but with that said the OOS tuition probably helps keep the schools in budget. I don’t know what the answer is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/kristenmoon/2018/11/15/uc-admissions-why-being-an-out-of-state-student-might-just-work-in-your-favor/amp/

@hermom1 I did read that as of 2017-2018 IS students must remain at or above 82%, so there is hope. I know other public universities in Texas, for example, must have 90% IS by law, even for Medical Schools. https://theievoice.com/uc-regents-shift-strategy-on-out-of-state-admissions/
I appreciate both sides of the argument, especially since we do pay so many sunshine taxes here and my D only wants to attend a SoCal college. I also have one all the way across the country in NYU so we really need this IS tuition this time!
And iirc, didn’t I read somewhere on here that there is no fin-aid given to OOS regardless of need? They must fully fund their education?

Yes, UC and CSU do not give aid to OOS. I don’t think the admissions are any more lax with OOS but sure they want out of state $. University of Washington has had these same issues and I think there were a few years where it was an easier admit OOS. Now I think it is a fairly tough admit regardless. My D did not apply to UW because she wants out of Seattle.

Son received admission via snail mail today. 4.33 weighted/3.98 unweighted 1440 SAT Undeclared major in state resident.

S3 Accepted to SDSU this week
UCW 4.1
SAT 1430
Major Statistics
Resident of CA

Can I ask if the acceptance was through email, portal, or mail?

Can I ask if the acceptance was through email, portal, or mail?

@Kim2001 It was through email and mailed to your address

Accepted on 12/14 with an invitation to the Weber Honors College
I honestly was not expecting to get into SDSU this early :slight_smile:

In-State (Not Local)
CSU GPA: 4.1 (2 AP mathematics classes)
SAT: 1370
ACT: 30
Major: Pre-Civil Engineering

Denied from Colorado School of Mines

Hi! I know I’m late but I was accepted by portal and email on December 14th with an Honors College invitation.

In-State (not local; I live in Orange County)
UC/CSU GPA: 4.3
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
ACT: 30
Anthropology major

Also applied to Cal Poly SLO, UCSB, UCSD, and UCLA under the same major. Won’t be hearing anything else until March. Good luck and congratulations to everyone else!

Does anyone know when Nursing admission decisions come out?

@kkash123 last year the nursing decisions started coming out on morning of 3/19. And unlike other majors, nursing applicants didn’t receive any early acceptance notifications.

@Gumbymom or anyone who is knowledgeable regarding SDSU trends- do you think they’re done with the early admissions? With the extended deadline to 12/15 do you think they’ll do another round of early admissions??

I got accepted on Dec 14 via email.
CSU GPA: 4.18
SAT: 1480
Major: Computer Science
APs: 9 AP classes taken