SEAP 2021 Applications Statuses/Discussion

Did you apply for the US Naval Research Lab at DC? Thats where I applied!

Same, I reallyyyy liked the kind of research the silver spring location was doing so I’m hoping I get into that one

me too!! that was my first choice so hopefully we’ll see each other at the lab if we’re both selected!!

Yep! Also, I reached out to SEAP about what offers would be extended and they said it’s tentatively scheduled for some time in February

1 Like

Here’s to hoping it’s early February!

I really hope so! I did the program two years ago and they extended offers roughly two months after the application deadline, so I hope they follow suit this year.

Fingers crossed! Make it or not, I’d like to know sooner rather than later, the wait is killing me!

Little random, but did you guys see that ONR doesn’t run SEAP anymore? Saxman One was awarded a contract for the Navy Internship and Apprenticeship Programs. Just something interesting, which hopefully won’t affect the program in a way that’s not awesome for us right now.

Also, based off details in the contract description thing, updated Jan 7, 2021 -
“About 1500 applications are anticipated for SEAP. SEAP interns are selected by the participating DON laboratories. It is anticipated that approximately 400 applicants will be offered an appointment to yield approximately 300 participants.”

For those of you that are interested in the numbers :slight_smile:

Thank you, where did you find this info?

beta . sam . gov . It’s intended to eventually become the centralized, authoritative source of federal award data, consolidated from 10 legacy systems (based off info from gsa . gov)

1 Like

has anyone received anything yet? interview/offers

My son didn’t receive anything yet from SEAP.
But he was notified as semifinalist for SMART scholarship, so I’m hoping he would also pass the first round of SEAP criteria. His list of preferred DoD facilities are same for SEAP and SMART.

He’s Senior, but has lots of community College classes so he was able to also apply in SMART.

Think they may be coming out in the next month or so. Based on past threads, applications were due in December/late November and acceptance/rejection emails arrived sometime in February/early March.

I just checked the SEAP website and, as anticipated, they included under the program details tab “Awards will go out in February/March 2021” so acceptance/rejection emails should be rolling out sometime within the following month

Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll do it soon!

1 Like

Was that note on “Februrary/March 2021” just got added recently?

I’m not sure. I was just searching the website for some sort of date as to when they would release the results and found that luckily.

1 Like

I’m half tempted to send an email inquiring whether the change in who is running the program will affect when notification dates will come out. They might give a more specific time frame? From reading other threads, people have directly asked when the notifications would come out and they got responses such as ‘in the next week’ etc. Might be worth a shot.

3 Likes

Worth a shot!

Because of my impatience, I asked if there would be changes and if they had a more specific timeline. Let’s see what they reply, if they reply.

Edit: they did reply, only to say the applications are in the final stages of the review process. As soon as that’s done, all awardees AND non-awardees will be notified once all selections are made.

Pretty fast reply.

2 Likes