SEAP 2021 Applications Statuses/Discussion

Not sure. They might be. With NREIP-the “college level SEAP”-if I remember correctly from a Reddit post, acceptance/rejection emails came out on a rolling basis.

I thought of searching Facebook to check if anyone has posted about SEAP.
Someone posted this on Feb 9. The poster is not my FB friend, it was a public post. So is this strange that someone got a SEAP offer already on Feb9? Or is this a different internship?

“Today I’m celebrating. One of my high school students from South Baltimore has been accepted into a PAID summer internship program with the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Science Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP).”

There are some that release earlier than others. On the website it does say February to April, and since it’s rolling it wouldn’t be impossible for someone to have alread ybeen accepted.

1 Like

My 16 year old was accepted to ONR SEAP on Feb 9th! I wonder if Army and Navy SEAP have different administrative schedules?

3 Likes

That’s awesome!
Army application isn’t due until March 1st this year, we’re waiting on the Navy SEAP. Really hoping we won’t be waiting too much longer to hear back from our labs!

Ditto. I emailed them again, and they sent out the same email :frowning:

Do you know if the army applications need a teacher recommendation? If so we may want to get started on those :joy:

Nope! It’s one essay (personal statement) usually. Some labs may ask for supplemental materials (one more essay, a letter of recc) but most don’t! It’s a lot simpler than the Navy one. The list of labs includes notes for the application for each lab/requirements for them.

…guessing we won’t get different replies if we keep asking. Was hoping for something more concrete but oh well. Can’t have everything!

That’s awesome news! Fingers crossed seap comes through because the closest army place for me is over two hours away :confused:

Some labs do, yes.

ngl, I’m pretty sure some labs have already sent out offers. Some people already have gotten offers from labs and its rolling based

Well we have proof some people have gotten it, which is awesome for them! I’m tempted to write to the program coordinator at this point, someone mentioned having done that and then being told if they made it or not directly before the official acceptance was released.

1 Like

Yeah that sounds good! can you dm me the threads where we saw that people got in? was it on reddit or facebook?

I know a mom posted in this thread, and I know in a NREIP thread on reddit two people mentioned getting offers. Nothing beyond that.

1 Like

still no response… did they respond to your direct email/

Too scared to send one. High chances of being rejected, I’d rather not find out directly y’know? Maybe they’ll start sending more next week in March?

ah i see. which labs did you apply to? If i dont hear back by next week, I’m going to send an email directly lol better a rejection than a ghost

Two in Cali. Not sure I want the direct rejection but I guess we’ll see.

S21 has not received anything for SEAP.

But here’s an interesting thing. So he also applied to SMART scholarship cause he meets the eligibility requirements due to a lot of Community College courses. His Navy facility preferences for SMART app were the same as his SEAP app. This week, he already had an interview with one facility. Then next week, he has an interview with another facility. This is all part of his SMART application. SMART is very clear that they’ll give the final results (accepted/rejected) by around April.

I wonder if the facilities prioritize the SMART applicants first before the SEAP applicants?