SEC Gymnastics Championships

<p>Bama women, ranked #2, face a showdown with #1 Florida in the SEC championships this week-end. Just another reminder that UA is not just a football school. Not like those of us on these pages don’t know that!</p>

<p>[It’s</a> No. 1 Florida vs. No. 2 Alabama, more or less, in SEC gymnastics championships (photo gallery) | al.com](<a href=“http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/its_no_1_florida_vs_no_2_alaba.html]It’s”>http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/03/its_no_1_florida_vs_no_2_alaba.html)</p>

<p>I’m looking forward to the NCAA Championships held in Cleveland on April 15 - 17th. I know my son is flying home that weekend with a friend. We plan on driving up to Cleveland to watch the Tide compete. </p>

<p>Any other CC Ohio folks interested in joining us, let me know.</p>

<p>Congrats to the 2011 SEC Champion Alabama Gym Tide!! Girls just turned in one of their best performances of the year to topple UF and win the SEC.</p>

<p>BTW, It was fun watching the meet against UGA a few weeks ago on tv. Hearing former UGA coach Yoculan (evil witch) do the broadcast while watching her hated rival destroy her beloved Bulldogs was great.</p>

<p>Roll Tide! (there should be a gymnastics move named that!)</p>

<p>There is a wrestling move called the ROLL TIDE, but I am too much of a gentleman to describe it!</p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>BBfromNC, my boys have wrestled since 1996 and am unfamiliar with a move called ROLL TIDE. Please enlighten me. Or, is it better I don’t know?</p>

<p>Nevermind BBfromNC, </p>

<p>I think I know what move you are referring to. YUK!!! Unfortunately, this does still happen. It really makes one wonder what motivates a wrestler to do such an act on another wrestler.</p>

<p>momof3boyz!</p>

<p>I’m in was planning on going at least one day! Let me know your plans and I will treat you to lunch or dinner!</p>

<p>I owe you…since your posts two years ago were the reason DD looked at Alabama!</p>

<p>She is having a great Bama Experience!</p>

<p>Anything else you want to check out in Cleveland let me know!!</p>

<p>Momof3: I better clarify. I kind of said it tongue in cheek. I was walking through my local HS gym just about when my son had committed to go to Bama. The wrestling team was practicing, and one of my son’s friends on the team, yells out to me, “Hey Mr. …, I call this move the Roll Tide!” Well again I won’t describe it but I am sure Momof3 you kind of know what kind of a move it was. So I think it was very unofficially called that, on a very local level.</p>

<p>PS: Mom, I have been following your son’s athletic career at Bama and I am so glad he is doing so well. It is amazing to think that your son and my daughter will be going into their senior years. Wasn’t it just yesterday when they were entering freshmen?</p>

<p>Wasn’t it just yesterday when they were entering freshmen?</p>

<p>Hey, wasn’t it just yesterday that you were changing their diapers? That’s parenthood for ya. :)</p>

<p>Thanks BBfromNC,
I can’t take any credit for my son’s successes unless you count the number of times we sent him to run around the block for disobeying or causing his little brother to cry. It really wasn’t punishment if the kid smiled and took on the challenge as if it was a race. More often, we sent any one of our three boys to “run around the block” just to burn up their limitless energy.
(Three boys in 4.5 years was a loud but joyful time.) We did what ever it took to tire them out before bedtime. Play hard…Sleep hard was our motto. </p>

<p>They learned quick not to give us any back talk because we would add more laps the more they back talked. It didn’t matter how bad the weather conditions were or how close to bed time it was, they knew the drill… “Put your shoes & coat on and go run around the block”.
*our oldest seemed to tally the most laps</p>