Second chances & some hope offered perhaps?

<p>Can you guys chance me for: UCBerkeley, UCLA, UCDavis & UCIrvine? This is my absolute last chance thread. :stuck_out_tongue: </p>

<p>GPA: Unweighted - 3.98
Weighted - 4.64
UCGPA: 3.9ish
My school only offers one AP course, that could be taken during senior year; it’s AP Calculus. I took Dual Enrollment courses in the 12th grade. Before this year, the Dual Enrollment courses were affiliated with Troy University…but didn’t seem to offer the challenge that I wanted and were more expensive. So, I waited till the 12th grade to take Dual Enrollment courses from the University of Alabama…I took English 101, and will be taking English 102. </p>

<p>My final grade for the Dual Enrollment English 101 course is 98.</p>

<p>AP Calculus AB: Scores shall be available in May 2012 :stuck_out_tongue: </p>

<p>SAT Scores: 1760
1920 - CR: 610 M: 640 G: 670 Essay: 8
1950 - CR: 540 (>___< i don’t know what happened) M: 670 G: 740 E:11
Superscored: 2020 [UC’s don’t superscore…I am just writing this to make myself feel better :P]</p>

<p>Didn’t list my subject exam scores b/c they’re not necessary for admission to the UCs, so Im not gonna list them & they’re quite pitiful. </p>

<p>ACT Scores: 26 (w/o essay)
23 (Off day) (w/essay - 9)</p>

<p>ECs: Art Club - 2 yrs [b/c it was founded during junior yr]; Group leader’s assistant
Piano - 1 yr
Religion school - Scattered throughout 4 years
Robotics Club - 1 year [founded during junior yr; joined during senior b/c i wanted to see how it would turn out]; Head of T-Shirt & Web Design
Friends of Exceptional Children’s Club - 1 year [b/c it redeveloped during junior year; wanted to join during the 11th grade, but it was too late since club was full]; President of Art Committee</p>

<p>Awards: Subject Area Awards - English - 9th grade
First place; collage design - Art Competition - 9th grade
Third place - District Art Competition - 11th grade
First place; mixed media - Art Competition - 11th grade
Subject Area Awards - English - 11th grade
[these awards were the ones that I listed on the UC app since there were only room for 5…but I have more and they’re all art concentrated]</p>

<p>Work experience: Occasional tutor - 12th grade; in math concepts. My AP Cal teacher offered it to me b/c I was at the highest math course level in our school (one of the few taking AP Cal) and I had experience in the other math courses. </p>

<p>Community service: FEC Club - 3 hours.
After school - 4 hours.
Hospital in 3rd world country - 80 hours.
Daycare - 20 hours. </p>

<p>About my high school: Located in Alabama; I have the highest SAT score in my school (pretty darn sad); small Christian high school; my school isn’t an ivy feeder at all; a very few amount of kids take subject exams, but the few that did ranged in the 500-600…I am no exception to that sad fact. </p>

<p>The only things I have going for me: Diversity [Bengali/Muslim kid, hindu step-parents, moved around A LOT in many different states, into the chinese & korean culture]</p>

<p>Essays: 1st one - talked about my diversity and life, and tied it in with my goals.
2nd one - talked about my personal characteristic…arising from failures.
optional essay - explained my lack of ECs & the timing of them.</p>

<p>I know I don’t have the stats to get into Berkeley or LA…maybe even Davis or Irvine…One combination I wish were on my side is time & opportunity. But, I honestly didn’t have both. However, I did try my best and took advantage of the most I could…</p>

<p>I got into UAB for health sciences.</p>

<p>I applied to:</p>

<p>Berkeley: Undeclared/Life&Sciences
UCLA: Undeclared/L&S
UCD: Neurobiology; Exercise Biology
UCI: Biological Sciences; Biomedical Engineering</p>

<p>Some say the UCs are worth the debt, some say they aren’t. Right now, the issue is not about how much debt i’d go into [money isn’t a factor] b/c for me the UCs offer much more than debt…they offer the opportunity that I’ve never had…also, there are more personal benefits for me if I do get into a lovely university in Cali. </p>

<p>Thanks for even looking at this chance thread. </p>

<p>G’day mate.</p>