Second semester senior grades?

<p>I am a senior who is finishing his last semester. I was accepted to Virginia Tech, and am ready to go there. In early February, I lost a very close friend. The grief combined with a large course load and intense sports commitment has caused my grades to flop. I am trying to get them back up, and yet all I hear is how second semester does not matter. What would be deemed acceptable grades for second semester? I currently have three C's in classes. I do not want to screw this up</p>

<p>I’m sorry you’ve had a stressful year. You are not a machine, contrary to what a lot of seniors think. </p>

<p>Contact admissions and let them know about your situation, including the plan you have made for success the remainder of the year. Second semester grades do matter. Your acceptance is conditional on completing hs with a record similar to what you applied with. The admissions office is human and will understand. Giving them a heads up let’s them know you weren’t in a lazy senior slump, skipping class to play frisbee golf. There is a difference. Being proactive will always work in your favor. </p>

<p>Good luck. Congratulations on your acceptance! :)</p>

<p>Dude, I am sorry to hear about your friend. My uncle was killed in a car crash on May 12 last year, after AP Exams before EOC’s. I did bad on the EOC’s from all my grief. Also, I dropped the second half of AP Cal this year (block schedule) and I was scared about my acceptance, but just tell admissions your story. Your parents probably told you this (my mom does all the time) that honesty is the best policy. VT was very nice about me dropping Calculus, because I told them why I did it. I got accepted in Architecture still. Not a bad deal at all.</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance by the way.</p>

<p>Thank you guys, this is wonderful advice. I am going to try and bring them up first, but I will keep this in mind. I just have to gear down and finish high school as quickly as possible. Thank you for your kind words, they really do make a difference. Go Hokies!</p>