Seen any good movies lately?

I saw the psychological thriller Luce last night. It was a little different — which I tend to like in a movie. I woke up thinking about the movie this morning.

If any of you are parents of adoptees from China, I strongly recommend that you see One Child Nation (http://onechildnation.com). It is hard to watch but I am glad I did. And our children as young adults (virtually all here as far as I know) may see it and we need to be ready to talk about it.

It’s not screening widely at all but it’s expected to be released for streaming eventually.

I recently saw and enjoyed Rocketman. I was surprised that I hadn’t heard anything about it when it came out.

Angel Has Fallen met expectations. Interesting to hear that Gerard Butler is considered the last action star.
Spider-Man: Far from Home is really a high school film. It showed the awkwardness of teens. Good escapism.
Good Boys was nice but was expecting more.
Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw was totally silly but fun.

Finally seen the new Toy Story, felt like I was young young again.

My siblings, my mother and I went to see Blinded by the Light while on vacation. My mother loved the movie. Go figure. I of course loved the music and could really relate to the immigrant story.
Few weeks ago my sister went to see The Art of Driving in the Rain. I read the book few years ago. The movie was pretty true to the book. It was a story of a family’s life through the eyes of a dog. It was beautifully done.

I wouldn’t waste your time with Official Secrets. Decent acting, but rather meh. Another Iraq war expose. More of a made for tv sort of movie. I was kind of wondering, as the movie just hit the theatres, and there were only a few other people there. Can’t believe I spent $17.50 for a ticket to watch it.

My daughter and I saw Peanut Butter Falcon. A really nice bromance. We both enjoyed it.

OK, I just watched Almost Famous for the first time. I watched it because Cameron Crowe has developed it as a stage musical that’s premiering right here in San Diego. We’re going with a group on the night before the grand opening. Someday it may be on Broadway.

Anyway, really loved the movie and am very excited about the show.

Enjoyed The Goldfinch.
Did not read the book so other than the trailers had no clue.
The teen actors were superb especially Boris played by Finn Wolfhard who is on cable’s Stranger Things…he is outstanding
Nicole Kidman is the mother and a pleasant surprise Boyd Gaines who is know more from Broadway…portraying the father
Well worth a view…

^ the Goldfinch is getting panned so I’m hesitating…

I just watched Good Boys for the second time last night and loved it just as much as the first time. It is my new favorite coming of age movie. I didn’t realize that wholesome and raunchy could work so well together.

Downton Abbey, the movie was made for their fans so if you didn’t partake in the series then there is nothing that will interest you.
If you are a fan, then you will bask in the glory of seeing a beloved show on the big screen, your favorite characters brought back to you.

I’m not sure if I’ll go see Downton Abbey the movie. I broke up with the series after…S2? I don’t remember now.

I got irritated with the writing & storylines. The beautiful costumes & sets kept me watching past the time I wasn’t enjoying it as much.

The reviews of the movie reflect some issues with it.

I think we all know how much it mirrored Upstairs Downstairs. In that respect, some may enjoy it, even without watching the series. If the writers are worth their salaries and have at least a couple of business savvy brain cells, that is.

Speaking of costumes, yes, beautiful. But I also got a kick out of how they rewore their clothes. Real life aspect.

I enjoyed the Linda Ronstadt doc very, very much. She has had an amazing career and life.

I was fortunate enough to see her in a smaller venue performing Canciones de Mi Padre.

That voice!

We saw IT Chapter Two last night, and I thought it was highly entertaining. I never watch anything in the horror genre, and hadn’t read the books. However, there were some actors in the movie that I enjoyed, and it actually wasn’t overly scary. Maybe I’m just desensitized, but I thought it was pretty good, with a surprising amount of humor in it.

Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen, not to mention Kevin Smith, have made entire careers out of this.

I saw Hustlers a couple of days ago and loved it. Jennifer Lopez is great! Have tickets for Downton Abbey on Tuesday . I’ve been anxious to see and wanted to see it sooner but had to coordinate with other people’s schedules.

I saw Downton yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it despite the reviewers criticisms. It provided a welcome relief from the box set of House of Cards American series) which is getting almost too dark for me.